POST-FA MOCK

Karnage84

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'll let @IDOG_det address that. I'm not going to scroll through past posts looking for his hits and misses. I don't take his word as gospel but I do respect his opinion and insight.

You must respect him quite a bit.. trying to figure out why you are using his name to justify your mock.... is idog the only one who knows how the D is ran... it's either that or your talking about what would the PATRIOTS do or how they've done it

38 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

You must respect him quite a bit.. trying to figure out why you are using his name to justify your mock.... is idog the only one who knows how the D is ran... it's either that or your talking about what would the PATRIOTS do or how they've done it

It's because he made a comment in another thread on the defensive alignment that the Lions and Patriots use as their base. My understanding of the defense was that while we were "multiple" that we would use a 4 man front: DE, DT, DT, DE with Flowers and Okawara manning the outside and Harrison and Robinson inside. If that's the case, then I'd be all on board with adding a guy to the DL at #8 with Romeo as a depth/rotational player. It doesn't look to me like we have many spots to fill on the DL with a 3 man front and Kennard as the Jack LB. I know Ed Oliver has been asked to work out at LB and he is disruptive, so he could probably find a place in different spots on the D.

This is a Patriots based defense. Matty P and BQ are bringing in Patriots guys on both sides of the ball.

I really like Moreland and Hurd. They are two guys that I hope we find a way to draft. But not a fan of the rest of the draft. If I’m taking a g and a te in the first two rounds I’m taking one of the Iowa TE in the first and taking the highest ranking OL in the second. I really like Irv Smith but I give me Hock and then Fant all day. 

9 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I really like Moreland and Hurd. They are two guys that I hope we find a way to draft. But not a fan of the rest of the draft. If I’m taking a g and a te in the first two rounds I’m taking one of the Iowa TE in the first and taking the highest ranking OL in the second. I really like Irv Smith but I give me Hock and then Fant all day. 

First round TE's are rarely worth the draft position. They usually need 2-3 years to get up to speed. Irv Smith isn't going to be your stout run blocker but he could be a move TE like an Evan Engram. With Jesse James on board, we could be looking at the poor man's combo of Gronk and pre-jail Aaron Hernandez. Jonah offers a lot of versatility along the line and always at a high level. He was a value pick sitting there at #13 that also addresses a major need. 

22 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

and now I see you drafting two TE's. At least I know you aren't credible before I destroy your Ramsey idea

Bevell runs an offense that emphasizes the TE>WR3. We need 4 on the roster. We just signed Jesse James who is a TE2. We have Michael Roberts who hasn't done a ton and might not wind up on the roster come September. Irv Smith is a move TE while Moreau is a blocking TE that should develop into a well rounded one after 2-3 years. He has good athleticism but wasn't used much at LSU as a receiver.

The Ramsey trade idea came from a different user - I was just exploring whether it was feasible or not.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:51 PM, Karnage84 said:

It's because he made a comment in another thread on the defensive alignment that the Lions and Patriots use as their base. My understanding of the defense was that while we were "multiple" that we would use a 4 man front: DE, DT, DT, DE with Flowers and Okawara manning the outside and Harrison and Robinson inside. If that's the case, then I'd be all on board with adding a guy to the DL at #8 with Romeo as a depth/rotational player. It doesn't look to me like we have many spots to fill on the DL with a 3 man front and Kennard as the Jack LB. I know Ed Oliver has been asked to work out at LB and he is disruptive, so he could probably find a place in different spots on the D.

This is a Patriots based defense. Matty P and BQ are bringing in Patriots guys on both sides of the ball.

WRONG. dude look at any coach hire...its one of the leverage points in Free Agency...EVERY YEA... so a FA is like "oh hey, now I can go get some more money and PT and oh hey look its my old coach that I can feel comfortable with and not like a rookie again"....lmao. ANYONE, thinking Matt Patricia is trying to replicate the Patriots...not only is that stupid...BUT it would never...ever work....We have Matt, they have Bill....let it be. If we want to win...sadly I think it means we look for a new franchise QB...

3 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

WRONG. dude look at any coach hire...its one of the leverage points in Free Agency...EVERY YEA... so a FA is like "oh hey, now I can go get some more money and PT and oh hey look its my old coach that I can feel comfortable with and not like a rookie again"....lmao. ANYONE, thinking Matt Patricia is trying to replicate the Patriots...not only is that stupid...BUT it would never...ever work....We have Matt, they have Bill....let it be. If we want to win...sadly I think it means we look for a new franchise QB...

So let's see if I can get this right: we have a NE trained GM, a NE trained HC... we just paid a guy $90M coming from NE that played in the same NE scheme.. we just paid a CB $9M/year who played for said HC in that scheme.. and we just signed a WR from that same franchise.... but we aren't trying to import what they did in NE to Detroit? It's not going to be an exact because you've got BB (probably the greatest HC of all time) and Stafford isn't Tom Brady but it's ludicrous to think that they aren't trying to copy that model here.

We can debate whether it'll work but both guys are bringing their version of the Patriots to Detroit. They'll need instant success (hence paying Flowers big money) in order to buy more time and develop in full, but that's what they are trying to do if they are given the time.

32 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

So let's see if I can get this right: we have a NE trained GM, a NE trained HC... we just paid a guy $90M coming from NE that played in the same NE scheme.. we just paid a CB $9M/year who played for said HC in that scheme.. and we just signed a WR from that same franchise.... but we aren't trying to import what they did in NE to Detroit? It's not going to be an exact because you've got BB (probably the greatest HC of all time) and Stafford isn't Tom Brady but it's ludicrous to think that they aren't trying to copy that model here.

We can debate whether it'll work but both guys are bringing their version of the Patriots to Detroit. They'll need instant success (hence paying Flowers big money) in order to buy more time and develop in full, but that's what they are trying to do if they are given the time.

I want their dam ol coach...

Archived