Raiders re-sign Dwayne Harris

NightTrainLane

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't. I don't think he makes it out of campus year. He's too slow and one dimensional. They will draft a WR double take his place.

Maybe convert him to TE he looked like a nice target for Carr once he got called up!

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Me too. I think he'll be a factor unless he proves he can't be reliable. If Jordy isn't back, which I doubt with reportedly many teams interested, he is the shoe in for the 5th spot with AB, WIlliams, Nelson, Harris basically assure a spot barring injury.

Yeah the WR room is filling out nicely. AB and Williams as the #1/#2, Nelson as the speedster and slot guy, Ateman as the big body guy in the red zone, and Harris as the #5 as a guy with a ton of special teams value.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't. I don't think he makes it out of campus year. He's too slow and one dimensional. They will draft a WR double take his place.

Can't expect much from a #4/#5 WR. He's a big body that will almost exclusively in the red zone and on short yardage situations. Maybe we can find another WR late or in UDFA but god I hope we don't spend an early pick on a receiver. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

god I hope we don't spend an early pick on a receiver. 

I'm in the camp of I hope we do between 24-35 as AB is old and expensive. Need to groom his replacement like AJ Brown/Harmon type

Example: OAKLAND RAIDERSYOUR PICKS

1: R1P4 EDGE JOSH ALLEN 

2: R1P24 TE T.J. HOCKENSON 
3: R1P27 DL DEXTER LAWRENCE 
4: R2P3 WR A.J. BROWN 
Edge and TE are needs and top talent at those positions.
Lawrence isn't a need with Jelly and Hankins but makes Jelly expendable and 5th year option if he Pro Bowls
Brown seems like a learn any spot/team kind of guy who'd only improve our WR talent and would have been tempting in the 27 slot but felt he'd slide on Fanspeak.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah the WR room is filling out nicely. AB and Williams as the #1/#2, Nelson as the speedster and slot guy, Ateman as the big body guy in the red zone, and Harris as the #5 as a guy with a ton of special teams value.

It really isn't. Still need two more guys. Nelson his just can't fodder he's not any good. Ateman I covered above. He will be out of the league in two years.

This draft is loaded with potential at WR. They can find two upgrades no problem.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Can't expect much from a #4/#5 WR. He's a big body that will almost exclusively in the red zone and on short yardage situations. Maybe we can find another WR late or in UDFA but god I hope we don't spend an early pick on a receiver. 

Why not? There are some great options. Williams is essentially a one-year deal. AB is 31. Gruden said he wants the best wide receiver group in the league. A Debo Samuel working slot, and a future kr/pr, Sign me up at 35.

Would all depend on how the draft fell.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Why not? There are some great options. Williams is essentially a one-year deal. AB is 31. Gruden said he wants the best wide receiver group in the league. A Debo Samuel working slot, and a future kr/pr, Sign me up at 35.

Would all depend on how the draft fell.

Are we going to sign members from this forum to be our edge rushers, linebackers and DBs?

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It really isn't. Still need two more guys. Nelson his just can't fodder he's not any good. Ateman I covered above. He will be out of the league in two years.

This draft is loaded with potential at WR. They can find two upgrades no problem.

Agree with this, we've got a true #1 in Antonio Brown, an overpriced #2 or #3 in Williams and nothing else really. I would target at least two receivers fairly high in the draft, maybe late first and second or third round. Would love to get some combination of N'keal Harry, Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Isabella or Mclaurin.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Are we going to sign members from this forum to be our edge rushers, linebackers and DBs?

We'd still have #4, #24, #27 if we went Samuel at #35, plus we have the ability to move around a little and take a guy in the late second or third. Saying that, I reckon I could have got as many sacks as most of our DE's last year and I'd do it for vet minimum :D 

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Agree with this, we've got a true #1 in Antonio Brown, an overpriced #2 or #3 in Williams and nothing else really. I would target at least two receivers fairly high in the draft, maybe late first and second or third round. Would love to get some combination of N'keal Harry, Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Isabella or Mclaurin.

You guys hate defense. I’d be okay with AJ Brown at 35 but we still have huge holes at RB & TE. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You guys hate defense. I’d be okay with AJ Brown at 35 but we still have huge holes at RB & TE. 

I do not hate defense. But I'm not going to overreact and spend every pick on the defensive side of the ball when there is a lot of offense of talent to be had.

The Raiders have needs everywhere, So they can take the best player at a position of need one on the clock. Three out of the first four picks could be on defense. You're saying one of those could not be used for WR? Where is the practicality and that?

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:
29 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don't hate defense, my favourite part of the game.

Hypothetically, we could end up with something like:

#4 Williams DT
#24 whoever falls at DE, maybe Sweat or Ferrell
#27 N'Keal Harry WR
#35 Deebo Samuel WR
#106 Elijah Holyfield RB or Rodney Anderson RB or whoever falls
#140 Germaine Pratt LB or Khalil Hodge LB or similar

So we've covered DT, DE, WR added competition at RB and LB and have a few picks left for depth.

We're not going to fill all holes in one off season and in fact most every team enters every year with a few holes, even Championship winning teams have some weak areas. If we added say, Brandon Marshall at MLB in FA and a couple other vet rotation guys I'd think we'd be looking pretty decent.

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I do not hate defense. But I'm not going to overreact and spend every pick on the defensive side of the ball when there is a lot of offense of talent to be had.

The Raiders have needs everywhere, So they can take the best player at a position of need one on the clock. Three out of the first four picks could be on defense. You're saying one of those could not be used for WR? Where is the practicality and that?

Who’s playing RB and TE? We just invested nearly $100M into the WR room.

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don't hate defense, my favourite part of the game.

Hypothetically, we could end up with something like:

#4 Williams DT
#24 whoever falls at DE, maybe Sweat or Ferrell
#27 N'Keal Harry WR
#35 Deebo Samuel WR
#106 Elijah Holyfield RB or Rodney Anderson RB or whoever falls
#140 Germaine Pratt LB or Khalil Hodge LB or similar

Two WR in the top 35? Paul Gunther is going to have a heart attack. 

Archived