Browns are asking the league to allow Hunt to be with the team during suspension

buno67

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I agree 100%, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they barred him from the premises once they ran his fingerprints through the FBI/BCI system/database and his past comes back to bite him/doesn't allow him to get his PASP (Pupil Activity Supervisor Permit) license allowing him to coach. It's a shame, but it's probably the case with him unfortunately. 

He doesn’t need the PASP permit really, You only need it if you want to be on the side lines for games really and to be directly hired on staff to be paid. He can be a pure volunteer. Work and be around the team during the practices. Can’t be left alone with the players either. 

I remember years ago when I use to coach like 3-4 years ago. We had a guy who was a volunteer and was at practices all the time but just couldn’t be part of the staff during the games and didn’t get paid. He didn’t have the time to take the test yet. I think he eventually got it for the following season

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He doesn’t need the PASP permit really, 

Yes he does, volunteer or not, once you are on school grounds.

You only need it if you want to be on the side lines for games really and to be directly hired on staff to be paid.

WRONG. Even volunteer coaches need it. Anyone directly dealing with players/coaching them needs this.

He can be a pure volunteer. Work and be around the team during the practices. Can’t be left alone with the players either. 

Wrong again. 

I remember years ago when I use to coach like 3-4 years ago. We had a guy who was a volunteer and was at practices all the time but just couldn’t be part of the staff during the games and didn’t get paid. He didn’t have the time to take the test yet. I think he eventually got it for the following season

Sounds like your former district broke the law.

• Like 1

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/CoachersCorner/OHSAACoachCertificationExplained.pdf

@buno67

Notes & Facts: ‐ All PAID and VOLUNTEER Coaches are required to obtain a Pupil Activity Permit through the Ohio Department of Education to work with, supervise or coach student‐athletes in Ohio. ‐ ALL Paid and Volunteer Coaches are bound by all regulations of the OHSAA.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Yes he does, volunteer or not, once you are on school grounds.

WRONG. Even volunteer coaches need it. Anyone directly dealing with players/coaching them needs this.

Wrong again. 

Sounds like your former district broke the law.

You need the background check for any school stuff, even just field trips and stuff.

Aren’t you a teacher buno? 

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
Just pointing out my apparent need to say “stuff” twice.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe buno is actually teaching his students something instead of posting on the damned internet.

Nah I actually got out of teaching. Gave it up this summer. Couldn’t take the admins and parents anymore. Actually an Union Electrician now, well an Apprentice for the Union 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Teaching has a high burnout rate I’ve heard.

Hope you like the new gig.

It’s nice just knowing you aren’t taking any work home with ya. Also nice to know in a few years I’ll make more money than I’ll ever as a teacher

• Like 1

13 hours ago, buno67 said:

Nah I actually got out of teaching. Gave it up this summer. Couldn’t take the admins and parents anymore. Actually an Union Electrician now, well an Apprentice for the Union 

Good friend of mine is a journeyman with IBEW.  If you stick with it, you won't regret it. Beyond the pay, there's so many perks other jobs can't (or won't) offer. 

Congrats and good luck.

13 hours ago, buno67 said:

It’s nice just knowing you aren’t taking any work home with ya. Also nice to know in a few years I’ll make more money than I’ll ever as a teacher

On that note, word of advice: Alarm Cerification. Fire alarms especially.

Remember it. Get it. Prosper.

My friend got on so many more jobs, and at a higher rate than his fellow journeyman who didn't have it, based on that one certificate.

Edited by ditchdigger
  • Like 1