Browns are asking the league to allow Hunt to be with the team during suspension

buno67

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's just funny to me as a HS Coach when I've seen, for 10 years now, kids who are struggling, whether it be academics, personal, poor decisions, etc. 9 out of 10 times, getting them into a positive environment, full of peers, coaches, and others that love them and provide them with a schedule, sense of purpose/belonging, and unconditional love and support while demanding that the same individual holds himself to the standard that everyone else must be at almost always WORKS. But, go ahead and keep doing you NFL. RIDICULOUS.

That is the way it SHOULD be MWill. Common freakin' sense - something that is in very short supply on Park Ave. in NYC.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It's just funny to me as a HS Coach when I've seen, for 10 years now, kids who are struggling, whether it be academics, personal, poor decisions, etc. 9 out of 10 times, getting them into a positive environment, full of peers, coaches, and others that love them and provide them with a schedule, sense of purpose/belonging, and unconditional love and support while demanding that the same individual holds himself to the standard that everyone else must be at almost always WORKS. But, go ahead and keep doing you NFL. RIDICULOUS.

It would be great if he got involved with this HS football program over the time he has to be gone.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Buno - my man -

That might be your best idea yet!

Willoughby South had a tough year last season - that would be a GREAT way to get 2019 off on the right foot.

I award you for that idea...........

ONE OFFICIAL

Attaboy-Logo.png

They should bounce back. Their new OC was my college OC. He got fired as the HC and stayed in the area for his kids. So he now coaches for them. They have some nice offensive talent, something their new offense should be able to really use, especially with a WR they have committed to a D1 school. Having hunt around that kind of a support system and being around the game would do wonders for him. 

• Like 1

After doing a little checking into this situation. the current CBA says that players suspended for substance abuse reasons can remain with the team. So, if the Browns wanted Callaway at the facility, the league could not stop them.

It says nothing about players suspended for other reasons. The Browns then petitioned the league to have Hunt remain with the team - and were denied by the league. Eat my schwantz, Rog.

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

It would be great if he got involved with this HS football program over the time he has to be gone.

I agree 100%, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they barred him from the premises once they ran his fingerprints through the FBI/BCI system/database and his past comes back to bite him/doesn't allow him to get his PASP (Pupil Activity Supervisor Permit) license allowing him to coach. It's a shame, but it's probably the case with him unfortunately.