Browns are asking the league to allow Hunt to be with the team during suspension

buno67

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I NEVER understood the logic of keeping guys away from their teammates. Guys get in trouble being on their own more times than not.

Exactly. Not playing and not collecting a pay check seems to do enough. Just causes more issues of them being on their own and then taking time to get back in shape and game ready 

• Like 3

I think he should also attend a NFL mandated program/classes a few times per week while he is suspended.

Im actually suprised that the NFL with how big it is does not have their own classroom of sorts for players that are on suspension have to go to. They can bring in 'experts' from the outside in a classroom type atmosphere each day and almost teach during that time to help any sort of rehab process.

Almost like the NFL School of Not Being A Dumbass

giphy.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think he should also attend a NFL mandated program/classes a few times per week while he is suspended.

Im actually suprised that the NFL with how big it is does not have their own classroom of sorts for players that are on suspension have to go to. They can bring in 'experts' from the outside in a classroom type atmosphere each day and almost teach during that time to help any sort of rehab process.

Almost like the NFL School of Not Being A Dumbass

giphy.gif

It's almost like they don't really care about players and only suspend for their own image sake.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Don Roshi said:

It's almost like they don't really care about players and only suspend for their own image sake.

That’s pretty much it.

There’s no reason at all to remove him from the structure and support being with the team on a day to day basis would provide.

Of course there’s also no reason at all to suspend a guy for years over the use of a non performance enhancing drug either, but here we are.

I think it might have to do with the fact they are not being paid so if they are hurt or something like that they are not covered for the teams workers comp. This is what came to my mind when reading this and I'm not positive or anything but it seemed to me that could be an issue since he technically is not on the payroll until he is reinstated. Just some food for thought

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Headline reads to me "Inconsistent NFL doesn't actually care about supporting their players, but they do a great job pretending to support them".

Yeah, it's hard to imagine what the reasoning is behind that one.  I'm guessing Callaway is allowed because of injury treatment, but barring Hunt from the facility doesn't make sense (other than upholding past precedent).

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Headline reads to me "Inconsistent NFL doesn't actually care about supporting their players, but they do a great job pretending to support them".

It's just funny to me as a HS Coach when I've seen, for 10 years now, kids who are struggling, whether it be academics, personal, poor decisions, etc. 9 out of 10 times, getting them into a positive environment, full of peers, coaches, and others that love them and provide them with a schedule, sense of purpose/belonging, and unconditional love and support while demanding that the same individual holds himself to the standard that everyone else must be at almost always WORKS. But, go ahead and keep doing you NFL. RIDICULOUS.

• Like 1