The "Should We" Thread

MKnight82

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/MIA

And he's mostly played in the slot since he was drafted. Now, I'm sure he could play outside, but there has to be a reason he's predominantly played in the slot.

I honestly wouldn't care. It would be helpful to have competent receivers on our roster other than Ryan Grant. 

The team should go get Sheldon Richardson.  We've looked pretty awful in the preseason and the team could use a shot in the arm.  Adding a player like Richardson could give us some positive buzz and raise confidence for the beginning of the season.   Plus, you know, because our Dline is terrible and we need him.  

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

I honestly wouldn't care. It would be helpful to have competent receivers on our roster other than Ryan Grant. 

While I agree I would like to see Ryan Grant gone, I'm not sure I want to give up a draft pick for a guy who would be competing with Crowder for playing time. The cost-benefit of that trade doesn't really feel like it is worth it to me.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The team should go get Sheldon Richardson.  We've looked pretty awful in the preseason and the team could use a shot in the arm.  Adding a player like Richardson could give us some positive buzz and raise confidence for the beginning of the season.   Plus, you know, because our Dline is terrible and we need him.  

I wonder if this is something they would more likely due via mid-season trade. Not as late as the trade deadline, but maybe in 2-3 weeks?

Just now, MKnight82 said:

We could be 0-3 by then.

Again, even if we trade for Richardson, it will likely be 3-4 weeks before he'll be able to help us due to moving, getting a new place to live, learning the playbook, and figuring out tendencies. So, if we're 0-3, then there's no point in trading for him as we're already doomed. Might as well save our draft picks so we can waste them in April!

Somehow the Jets ended up getting Jermaine Kearse and a second-round pick for Sheldon Richardson. I have no idea how they pulled this off considering nobody was offering more than a third around draft time? Seems like a pretty stupid trade by the Seahawks but whatever. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Somehow the Jets ended up getting Jermaine Kearse and a second-round pick for Sheldon Richardson. I have no idea how they pulled this off considering nobody was offering more than a third around draft time? Seems like a pretty stupid trade by the Seahawks but whatever. 

Yeah, dumb trade for the Seahawks IMO. Richardson is great but they gave up a starting Wr and probably a former starter for possibly a one year rental.

40 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ya I wasn't paying that.  

19 minutes ago, Woz said:

He's available for a trade at this point? I could be down for that.

We'd probably have to overpay for a player we can sign in March. The Panthers drafted Butler - his replacement - in the 2016 draft but Loutulelei is still their starting NT and I don't think they'd just give him away for a mid round pick.

Just now, turtle28 said:

We'd probably have to overpay for a player we can sign in March. The Panthers drafted Butler - his replacement - in the 2016 draft but Loutulelei is still their starting NT and I don't think they'd just give him away for a mid round pick.

That assumes we won't have to have overpay in March.

Archived