Steel City Underground's obsession with selecting a D tackle

DudeWhat???

I am guilty of it too... i was listening to their latest YouTube and one of them suggested a DT should be their top pick... something about moving d linemen around..  which we do..and adding an Oliver to that mix.. I like dexter actually... I have been looking at kahlen Saunders in the second...I know.. I know...he is short and the days of casey Hampton are over...his speed and agility is so impressive though.. would you pick a d linemen in the second or even 1st round? 

12 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I think if they throw the curveball and go DL, I think it would be Lawrence from Clemson.

Me too... his run stopping ability is hard to pass on..he is really good at pushing that pocket two....together they could cause consistent havoc and chaos on every down

5 minutes ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Me too... his run stopping ability is hard to pass on..he is really good at pushing that pocket two....together they could cause consistent havoc and chaos on every down

Now personally, I wouldn’t go DL day 1 or 2.

However, people forget Hargrave is a FA at end of year and he’s not going to be cheap.

Just some food for thought.

I wouldn't do it in the first unless Oliver somehow makes it there.

One I would look at later in the draft, and a guy that I would keep an eye on is Charles Omenihu out of Texas.  I think he can play 1T, 3T, 5T, 7T.  We could go anywhere from 3-4 to 2-4 to 4-2 with him in the game.

23 minutes ago, warfelg said:

One I would look at later in the draft, and a guy that I would keep an eye on is Charles Omenihu out of Texas.  I think he can play 1T, 3T, 5T, 7T.  We could go anywhere from 3-4 to 2-4 to 4-2 with him in the game.

I’m with you on Omenihu. I think he could provide a good bit of juice in getting after the qb. 

Apprently he bulked to 280 for the combine but was about 265 for his pro day. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Oliver wouldn't suite the current scheme from what I have noticed.  I can't get interested in much with this team, but saw this thread and thought, perhaps 10 years ago a thread like this would be of interest (when they drafted hood) .  Now there are too many problems everywhere, so in 2019 it's more like "take your pick" at which position they waste the RD1 pick on this year.  By trading AB, I can't see then NOT drafting WR in RD1 unless there is a major fall/gift that lands where they are drafting, it would have to be DDC.2. 

Unless they have a major haul in the draft and the players get to play and contribute, I don't expect this team to be a playoff team unless the other teams really get injured too much and that can always happen. Like if Mahommes and Brady get hurt etc...

Archived