Trade the 12th pick?

James Lofton

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty sure Isabella would be the smallest WR that the Packers have ever drafted under Ted/Gute.  And not by a close margin either.

I agree. I'm not interested in him at all. 

But I have little doubt that Pauline is telling the truth. My take is just that the Packers are doing all their HW on every slot receiver. I sure hope they don't take him before round three.

The links to six slots are hard to overlook. Just due diligence imo.

I have a lot of interest in Isabella, just not at 30, however there are some later guys who could fit that role. Isabella and Parris Campbell at 44, and I will check again to see what the guys names are later, I forget them. Not so much adding another WR, but adding a playmaker

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I have a lot of interest in Isabella, just not at 30, however there are some later guys who could fit that role. Isabella and Parris Campbell at 44, and I will check again to see what the guys names are later, I forget them. Not so much adding another WR, but adding a playmaker

Here’s a list that names a bunch of slot prospects along with the DraftTek rankings:

http://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Slot-WRs-2019-Draft.asp

I don’t agree/disagree with the order these slot-types are ranked, or the players listed, just sharing information. Honestly, I don’t know enough about them to have an informed opinion.

That written, I could see the Packers drafting a slot receiver on day 2, but as it stands, mostly if somebody they really like falls into their lap. If they traded out of the 30th and gained  a couple extra 2nd day picks I believe the Packers would be far more likely to invest in an explosive slot receiver that could also return kicks/punts.

The type of player I’d envision is probably what the Green Bay Old Guard had hoped Trevor Davis would become.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty sure Isabella would be the smallest WR that the Packers have ever drafted under Ted/Gute.  And not by a close margin either.

Well, I'm gonna tell you a funny story about that..............

Yesterday (I think it was.....) I did me another Mock Draft at TDN....and come the 3rd round I selected myself a WR: Paris Campbell from The Ohio State.
I didnt select the guy for any particular reason other than I remembered hearing some good things about him.

Well, yesterday (after I'd made this "well considered and informed" selection.....) I decided to take my first look at Mr. Campbell - so I found myself a highlight reel of the guy - and he looked like a midget! I mean, he was High School grade if that.

So I looked his specs up at TDN and they have him listed at 5'11+7/8 inches tall - which was bigger than he appeared on tape - but apparently, they were squeezing every last fraction out of the measuring stick for the guy!

So - it got me to wondering.......
Who was the smallest WR on the Packers.........
Well - nobody on the roster now would give this guy a run for the money - but what about Cobb? Surely he was taller than this guy......right?

Wrong: Cobb measures in at 5'10"

So - bringing this back home.......
If the Packers were to select this 5'10" Isabella guy.....he'd only tie the record for the shortest WR the Packers had ever drafted....or recently drafted at least :) 

On 4/2/2019 at 11:47 AM, vegas492 said:

Penny Hart is one I hope they take a "flier" on in round 6.  Gadget player who could hopefully return some kicks.

And I think AJ Brown could be unreal in the slot.

There are some slot players with some shake and bake and quicks who will really be fun to watch! It would be great if the Packers already had “that guy” on the squad, but I don’t really see him right now.

I’m talking about a player who can EXPLODE out of that slot and hit top gear when he has the ball in his hands; be it on a bubble screen or a jet sweep. It will be most interesting to see what direction the ‘New Packers' will take! 

Archived