Minnesota Brewery Bracket! - Nominations and Beer Talk

The Gnat

2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Same here, I've had from a number of them, but I tend to grab the same few now that I know that I really love.

Steel Toe Size 7 is great, but I haven't had that one in a while, and I missed out on their Wee Heavy last winter, forgot about it.

I've been to a lot of beer tasting events and but my experience is that beer poured at them and going to the actual tap room is very different. A good showing at an event motivates me to go to the taproom but there's some that I thought were disappointing at events but loved it in the tap room. 

7 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Same here, I've had from a number of them, but I tend to grab the same few now that I know that I really love.

Steel Toe Size 7 is great, but I haven't had that one in a while, and I missed out on their Wee Heavy last winter, forgot about it.

I used to live about 2 miles from there. Good beer, not awesome beer. But good for sure. I go there almost every time I'm back in town, to meet friends that still live in SLP.

5 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Has anyone been to Clutch in St. Paul?

Haven't yet.

4 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I've been to a lot of beer tasting events and but my experience is that beer poured at them and going to the actual tap room is very different. A good showing at an event motivates me to go to the taproom but there's some that I thought were disappointing at events but loved it in the tap room. 

Agreed, though, I have mainly have Ovalde at the Summer Beer Fest on the St. Fair Grounds, and that is still one of my favorite, though nearly impossible to find.

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

I used to live about 2 miles from there. Good beer, not awesome beer. But good for sure. I go there almost every time I'm back in town, to meet friends that still live in SLP.

Yeah, those are the two that I really like, Rainmaker and Size 4 are nothing special. Size 11 is an interesting one off to have, but I haven't felt the need to go back to pick up bottles of it.

I added Beer Talk, we have enough good Breweries in MN (and distilleries) that we can probably keep a beer thread going after the bracket.

What are peoples favorite sours in the Minneapolis area? Wild Mind is good, and some places like Insight and Indeed have solid ones, but is anyone else doing mainly sours?

Archived