I'm trying to understand why we are still mocking edge rushers.

AcGbPacker

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Best receiver in the NFL in Davante Adams?  Demonstrable proof Rodgers did not throw to open receivers?  Literally incorrect on worst guards in the NFL with verifiable, demonstrable proof? 

You're lying.  Cobb actually led the NFL in separation yards in 2017 per target.  That was scientifically proven. 

You're lying.  RODGERS had a terrible year last year.  The last time you tried to prove otherwise, your link got laughed off this site with it being DEMONSTRABLY false with VISUAL EVIDENCE to the contrary of everything it tried to prove. 

Quit lying.  Two of those day three rookies were in the top 30 of yards per reception out of receivers drafted in ANY ROUND over the past TEN YEARS. 

I'm done. Good grief. Rodger's play was down. Sure. But nothing he won't bounce back from. 

Mark it down

Gute WILL be emphasizing offensive this draft and you will be wailing and weeping over it. I don't get that at all. You want to return to Wolf who regretted not helping Favre enough and to the last six years of similar ineptitude by TT.

As to Cobb. I haven't seen him get separation in a long time. Just what my eyes saw and really don't care what some expert saw. It  wasn't there. Adams was the bright spot along with the rookies but they were just cutting their teeth. 

In any case hyperventilating and hysteria and hyperbole against anyone who has a different take is simply ridiculous. I see at least two and possibly three picks on offense on days 1-2, with a likely move down. Just what the draft offers. Somehow it's ridiculous to help out Rodgers who needs to continue putting it on his shoulders which is why we had that mess last year to begin with.

Just now, JaireAlex said:

Just what my eyes saw and really don't care what some expert saw.

I couldn't see my appendicitis 14 years ago and didn't think anything was wrong with me.  An expert saw it and I listened to him.  Worst mistake of my life.  I lost an appendix in that deal. 

44 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Tell me the last time a team won a Super Bowl without a top post season defense or stop arguing with me because I'm busy and you're bothering me. 

I definitely ran the numbers awhile ago for a thread on QBs and I'm pretty sure the only time a team has won the Superbowl with a defense that wasn't top ten in PPG during the regular season or held its opponents to what would have been equivalent to the top ten for the season during the playoffs was the 2012 Ravens. They were close but like 11th or 12th for both IIRC.

30 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

I'm done. Good grief. Rodger's play was down. Sure. But nothing he won't bounce back from. 

Mark it down

Gute WILL be emphasizing offensive this draft and you will be wailing and weeping over it. I don't get that at all. You want to return to Wolf who regretted not helping Favre enough and to the last six years of similar ineptitude by TT.

As to Cobb. I haven't seen him get separation in a long time. Just what my eyes saw and really don't care what some expert saw. It  wasn't there. Adams was the bright spot along with the rookies but they were just cutting their teeth. 

In any case hyperventilating and hysteria and hyperbole against anyone who has a different take is simply ridiculous. I see at least two and possibly three picks on offense on days 1-2, with a likely move down. Just what the draft offers. Somehow it's ridiculous to help out Rodgers who needs to continue putting it on his shoulders which is why we had that mess last year to begin with.

See 2011

Our WR corps is already on par - if not better than the last 7 or 8 Super Bowl winners. Certainly no need to add another in the First. That's simply xbox thinking. Especially since we have positions on the defensive side that barely allow us to field a starting lineup this year and expiring contracts create gaping holes next year. Every year it's the same thing. Fans making up every excuse possible in order to make drafting a shiny twinkly toy that Kiper talks about for an extra 20 seconds possible.

And for the fifth time, just because you keep twisting my words, I actually think we have a borderline top 10 defense RIGHT NOW, with just drafting a safety.

But keep ignoring my posts.

Gute's NUMBER one priority is making sure AR is not killed again, not reaming him out for not being Superman. His number two priority is getting the offense back to 2011 dominance 

Just now, JaireAlex said:

Gute's NUMBER one priority is making sure AR is not killed again, not reaming him out for not being Superman. His number two priority is getting the offense back to 2011 dominance 

That's pretty simply fixed with Rodgers not being a headless chicken idiot and playing the offense. 

19 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

And for the fifth time, just because you keep twisting my words, I actually think we have a borderline top 10 defense RIGHT NOW, with just drafting a safety.

But keep ignoring my posts.

One of the best ways to do that is create a defense that doesn't force our offense to score every time they have the ball.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

See 2011

Our WR corps is already on par - if not better than the last 7 or 8 Super Bowl winners. Certainly no need to add another in the First. That's simply xbox thinking. Especially since we have positions on the defensive side that barely allow us to field a starting lineup this year and expiring contracts create gaping holes next year. 

So three players on offense will destroy any chance of Fielding a defense when we have more talent there than what we started with last year before the draft. Who can't start? Clark? Daniels? The Smiths? Martinez? Amos? Jaire? King? Jackson? Are we missing anything but a safety?

I advocate targeting Parris Campbell. If he is BPA, take him whereever he is BVA. If not, pass. I may be overvaluing him. I'm almost as happy with Isabella (except hands/size).  What is stupid is taking a TE or RB over WR at 20 after a move down. Which doesn't seem to get most flustered at all. I'd be ok with defense at 12 &30, but offense with 44,75, 112. Just seems folks can't tolerate any offense before round 4 like last year. So Gute grabbed 3 FAs on D to ignore totally helping the washed up, half assed, has been AR, who just needs to get knocked out game one again to get him back on track? What am I missing?

And many want Hock at 12. Really, you need to look a little closer at what I'm saying. 

If you don't see Campbell as special, fine. But let's not pretend I am saying we HAVE to take WR at 12. No. The only offensive player in the whole draft that is not a reach at 12 for GB is Dillard. A move back alleviates the cost of any offense at 20 or any BVA defense too. I'm not fixated on "one" player but about five or so that will really upgrade this offense. 3 solid picks on offense without neglecting defense will help this team far more than anything. 

You can complain all you want about an over the hill Graham but not when you neglect drafting a replacement. 

And if Cobb was the best separator in the game last year, how is his production replaced? 

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

One of the best ways to do that is create a defense that doesn't force our offense to score every time they have the ball.

Yes!!!!!!!!!

The goal is score less points than last year. It's all making sense now

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That's pretty simply fixed with Rodgers not being a headless chicken idiot and playing the offense. 

Yes

The real problem all these years and especially last was AR. Maybe we can trade him to Denver to move up to 10 and grab Burns.

Rodgers is being pampered to death.

We just spent a fourth rounder on offense last year, not to mention one in 2017 as well. I mean we even spent a second round pick in 2016. In the last four drafts we poured draft capital into offense with three entire day two picks (no day one) and a comp on all pro Richard Rodgers.

He has the best offense in all football. I mean Davante and Bakh are all pro. What more does he want? He needs to show the world he can do it with less than Brady and NE's horrible oline with scrubs like Gronk, Edelman, and White and that  worst coach in all of football.

Because the real measure is showing everyone you can win multiple Superbowls with less than Brady and BB. Every competent GM sees that.

Archived