2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

So the leaks have been real. We’ve had like 5 reports on Haskins leaked including one yesterday. I honestly hope we don’t draft Haskins, he’s a 2nd Round Talent at best. 

We're not taking Haskins. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're not taking Haskins. 

My fear is we take Haskins at 24, and yes, I could see him falling that far. 

Haskins has the same issues Carr has. Terrible under pressure, his PFF grade when clean is 90 and 55 under pressure. His deep accuracy is one of the worst in this class among the first few rounds. Maybe the worst. He has zero mobility, worse than Carr. 

I’m all for upgrading every position including QB as people know. But Haskins is not an upgrade to Carr. I see him as a Bottom 10 starter in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

My fear is we take Haskins at 24, and yes, I could see him falling that far. 

Haskins won't fall that far, trust me, he probably doesn't even get past Washington at 15. QB's always go higher than they should because it's such a QB driven league now. You can't believe any of this pre-draft stuff. 

Common occurrence or not, it's not common news.  Many outlets are calling it "weird" in one manner or another.  My thing is, why did it have to be us in the news?  Just go into the draft, come out with 3+ starters in your first 4 picks.  Commence to winning championships.  

Just now, NYRaider said:

Haskins won't fall that far, trust me, he probably doesn't even get past Washington at 15. QB's always go higher than they should because it's such a QB driven league now. You can't believe any of this pre-draft stuff. 

Haskins at 15 is where he will go if the Redskins don’t trade for Rosen. He’s a good fit for Jay Gruden. However, if the Redskins trade for Rosen, I see Haskins falling to at LEAST 24. 

The media propped Haskins up. Teams never had him that high and I’ve been preaching that all off season. He was never going Top 10 and he is maybe QB4 in this class. 11 is the start of his range but I think Bengals and Dolphins will both pass on Haskins personally. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

So it's something that most teams around the league do anyways. The media always wants to make us look bad. This is one of the biggest drafts in the history of the franchise, we have to get it right and having leaks from our draft room could potentially ruin our plan. Good on Gruden/Mayock. It's ultimately their decision any way and the scouting should be finished at this point. Not sure how much scouts can help you when you're 6 days out from the draft. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Haskins at 15 is where he will go if the Redskins don’t trade for Rosen. He’s a good fit for Jay Gruden. However, if the Redskins trade for Rosen, I see Haskins falling to at LEAST 24. 

The media propped Haskins up. Teams never had him that high and I’ve been preaching that all off season. He was never going Top 10 and he is maybe QB4 in this class. 11 is the start of his range but I think Bengals and Dolphins will both pass on Haskins personally. 

Almost every QB that has been drafted in the first round recently has been drafted by a team that traded up to get him. The draft order will be much, much different on Thursday night then it is right now. 

Archived