2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Almost every QB that has been drafted in the first round recently has been drafted by a team that traded up to get him. The draft order will be much, much different on Thursday night then it is right now. 

I could see the Raiders passing on Haskins and a team like Denver trading to 25 or 26 and getting Haskins personally.

Even the Senior Bowl Director and Pro Scout said expect Haskins to go lower, way lower. He was never high on actual team boards including the Giants. For all we know he’s the 4th QB taken after Lock and Jones. 

It’s honestly like these media peeps and fans didn’t watch his tape and just saw 50 TDs.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

If they are willing to sabotage the franchise by leaking tons, I question how accurate their scouting reports will be.

Mayock has been keeping tabs on the class throughout the season during his time as an anchor at NFLN. Gruden and the staff got to see a lot of guys at the Senior Bowl, combine, private workouts, etc. Hasn't there been reports that Mayock has been scouting guys nonstop since he took over as GM? I doubt they're going to take anyone based solely on scouting reports from guys that they don't even trust enough to be in the war room on draft night. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I could see the Raiders passing on Haskins and a team like Denver trading to 25 or 26 and getting Haskins personally.

Even the Senior Bowl Director and Pro Scout said expect Haskins to go lower, way lower. He was never high on actual team boards including the Giants. For all we know he’s the 4th QB taken after Lock and Jones. 

We'll see what happens. A lot of smoke in mirrors during the pre-draft process. I'd personally rank the QBs: 

1. Kyler Murray

2. Drew Lock

3. Dwayne Haskins

4. Daniel Jones

Not a huge fan of any of them though outside of Murray. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s honestly like these media peeps and fans didn’t watch his tape and just saw 50 TDs.

Denver won’t trade up for him, they like big strong armed QBs. Haskins is more Alex Smith. 

Honestly i could see one QB being taken in the first this year similar to how the 2013 draft was. I think the media has pushed these mediocre QBs to give the draft some pop. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Almost every QB that has been drafted in the first round recently has been drafted by a team that traded up to get him. The draft order will be much, much different on Thursday night then it is right now. 

Gonna make it impossible to go 32/32. Can’t wait.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We'll see what happens. A lot of smoke in mirrors during the pre-draft process. I'd personally rank the QBs: 

1. Kyler Murray

2. Drew Lock

3. Dwayne Haskins

4. Daniel Jones

Not a huge fan of any of them though outside of Murray. 

Tier One

1. Kyler Murray

Tier Two

2. Ryan Finley

3. Will Grier

4. Dwayne Haskins

5. Drew Lock

6. Daniel Jones

Tier Three

Everyone else here. 

Haskins, Lock, and Jones are 2nd Round Picks propped up by the media. Two of them probably go in the 1st due to QB Reaching though. 

Finley is gonna surprise a lottt of people in this class. Easily the most accurate QB of the class, best pocket poise, and highest football IQ. Wouldn’t be shocked if he became a stud honestly. 

Will Grier I’m hit or miss on but I think he has a way better chance at being a Pro QB than Lock, Haskins, or Jones. 

Lock is a better version of Jay Cutler, which is still terrible. 

Dwayne Haskins is a poor mans Derek Carr. Terrible under pressure, terrible deep, and terrible mobility. Dink and dunk 10 yard QB who had the fastest WR core in college football. 4.31, 4.35, and 4.41. 

Daniel Jones is this average joe who is getting propped up cause he was coached by the same coach as the Mannings. He is average in every way you can possibly think of. 

28 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Denver won’t trade up for him, they like big strong armed QBs. Haskins is more Alex Smith. 

Honestly i could see one QB being taken in the first this year similar to how the 2013 draft was. I think the media has pushed these mediocre QBs to give the draft some pop. 

Agreed media always props up QBs, RBs, and WRs. Jacobs was never going 1st Round (maybe us at 27 but doubtful) and Metcalf was never going Top 20 let alone Top 10. 

Archived