2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Reggie didn’t scout, he scouted stories.. hence huge reaches on Hayden and Ward. 

Also big reach on Joseph like he just watched his highlight video. He had the most impressive highlight video but he was easily an early 2nd Round Pick. 

9 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Mack had a good story....

But I agree with you. He was obsessed with getting cute and trying to outsmart everyone in the room and it was annoying a lot of the time. He drank too much of his own koolaid after 2014.

I don't think it was him getting cute. I think it was his philosophy. Looked for guys that had things in their life that made them high character and also had plus attributes for the position. Turns out that being the main focus as oppose to football production and intangibles will reap lesser rewards.

21 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't think it was him getting cute. I think it was his philosophy. Looked for guys that had things in their life that made them high character and also had plus attributes for the position. Turns out that being the main focus as oppose to football production and intangibles will reap lesser rewards.

Which is common sense. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Which is common sense. 

Reggie was trying to change a culture. He went too far instead of finding a good balance. You can understand what he was trying to do with hindsight and if it had worked like he hoped we all would have praised him. It didn't so we say it's common sense. That is what happens when you gamble. The majority of the time you lose.

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Reggie was trying to change a culture. He went too far instead of finding a good balance. You can understand what he was trying to do with hindsight and if it had worked like he hoped we all would have praised him. It didn't so we say it's common sense. That is what happens when you gamble. The majority of the time you lose.

Huh? It’s complete 100000% common sense if you don’t evaluate guys BASED on FOOTBALL it’s not gonna work. You can evaluate character as a screening, absolutely. But after you decide if he’s a good player and a fit first.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Huh? It’s complete 100000% common sense if you don’t evaluate guys BASED on FOOTBALL it’s not gonna work. You can evaluate character as a screening, absolutely. But after you decide if he’s a good player and a fit first.

I didn't disagree. I laid out my opinion on what Reggie tried to do and why it didn't work.

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I thought you said no way Oliver goes ahead of Q?  I am not saying he will but to think it isn't possible is being naive.  What do you think of think of Oliver in the top 5?

I would love to trade back to 6 and get 17 from the Giants and draft Oliver.  Obviously we would have to give up more picks but would love this move.  

I like Oliver and think he'll be good, just don't really like his fit here.

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Oliver and think he'll be good, just don't really like his fit here.

I see and I agree that they both project to be very good NFL players.  I just dont understand your stance on Q compared to Oliver.  You have said that you think Q is more versatile which I disagree with.  I think Q projects as strictly a 3T where Oliver will be more of a hybrid 3T/DE.  

33 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I see and I agree that they both project to be very good NFL players.  I just dont understand your stance on Q compared to Oliver.  You have said that you think Q is more versatile which I disagree with.  I think Q projects as strictly a 3T where Oliver will be more of a hybrid 3T/DE.  

And you’re completely wrong with this analysis. Oliver is a pure 3T in the NFL. Arms too short to play on the edge despite his great speed. He’s also too small to play NT or 3-4 End at the NFL Level imo. 

QW can play anywhere. 3T, 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, even NT if he wanted. He’s obviously best suited for 3T, just like Oliver, just having a really hard time how you see Oliver as more versatile than Williams. It’s like you don’t even watch either guy. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If the Oliver to Jet Mocks are true they are probably converting him to OLB which would be interesting. I still think Oliver goes 8 to Detroit though and the earliest is 6 to NYG. 

Jets will get Bosa and be damn happy that's if they don't trade out.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Jets will get Bosa and be damn happy that's if they don't trade out.

Agreed if SF goes QW, Jets aren’t passing on Bosa despite scheme fit. Same thing Chargers did with Joey in 2016. He’s just too good and much better than Josh Allen. 

They would be open to a one spot trade and select Allen at 4 though imo. 

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And you’re completely wrong with this analysis. Oliver is a pure 3T in the NFL. Arms too short to play on the edge despite his great speed. He’s also too small to play NT or 3-4 End at the NFL Level imo. 

QW can play anywhere. 3T, 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, even NT if he wanted. He’s obviously best suited for 3T, just like Oliver, just having a really hard time how you see Oliver as more versatile than Williams. It’s like you don’t even watch either guy. 

Not sure where you're coming up with your theory.  Multiple analysts have thrown out the comparison to Aaron Donald and that is based on his versatility and athletic ability.    

Have you not seen those comparisons or have you been living in a cave?

Archived