2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I want Jachai Polite bad. What would be your guys dream draft? 

4. Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama 

24. Hollywood Brown, WR, Oklahoma

27. DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia

35. Jachai Polite, Edge, Florida 

Q.

Ferrell/Sweat

Fant

Winovich

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Vic Tafur said he expects us to move back and select Rashan Gary. 

I'd co-sign this move. Gary is exactly the type of end the Raiders defense asks for. He's both a base and can line up as a wide 9 storming off the edge. The best is yet to come for Gary. Also, I'd love to pick up a 3rd rounder.

1 hour ago, mct288 said:

Murray has been plenty up front that he isn’t playing baseball. Also, Mayock/Gruden have worked him out/ have presumably talked to him, so they would know if that was a possibility. 

Yeahhhh I'd say whatever they wanted to hear so....Yeahhhhh not buying it.

If Zona doesn't take him and then we pass, teams might have him fall out of the first because of that being a possibility, which means he probably would choose baseball because the money is better without the hits. Basically a self fulfilling prophecy. More money means football. 1 team passes, another team passes and other teams think 'somebody knows something' and they pass being he wasn't on their board because they thought he'd be gone. Then in the 2nd round a team gets him but the $$$ isn't as good as baseballs and he doesn't give it 100% of his focus because he knows he can just play baseball and team is left with a learning experience. Murray wouldn't even be on my board because of it even being a possibility. A different position than QB and it's ok. Bo, Prime did both at a high level but QB?!? Had Elway not been traded the Colts were sunk...No wasted picks. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Beat writers said our staff liked Nassir Adderly and Darnell Savage at the senior bowl. Vic/Durkin/Ngyuen said we're definitely targeting a safety at 35. 

This seems hard to imagine considering the Joyner signing and all the other signings at safety. It seems like the Raiders were targeting a slot safety this offseason and got one before the draft.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

This seems hard to imagine considering the Joyner signing and all the other signings at safety. It seems like the Raiders were targeting a slot safety this offseason and got one before the draft.

Yeah I'd love a Safety but 35 has other needs to fill. Thornhill, Adderly would be great but too many bodies there now for me to think it's happening. I do think 35 is a great place to select a DB but...If we trade down and get late 2nd early 3rd that would be a great spot for one.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently, Hollywood Brown has been hand timed in the 4.2's and laser timed in the 4.3's at Oklahoma. We need him. 

If we get one offensive player with our first four picks, I hope it’s him. I think he’s much better player than Josh Jacobs or Noah Fant, our other offensive targets. Although I do quite like Jacobs. 

29 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd co-sign this move. Gary is exactly the type of end the Raiders defense asks for. He's both a base and can line up as a wide 9 storming off the edge. The best is yet to come for Gary. Also, I'd love to pick up a 3rd rounder.

I’d rather drop farther and get Brian Burns. Burns will be better than Gary IMO. I think Burns can be the top DE in the class if he can gain more weight.

30 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd go storming off the ledge if the make this pick with Ferrell on the board.

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'd go storming off the ledge if the make this pick with Ferrell on the board.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Ferrell not go until day 2. Ferrell seems like a dime-a-dozen end who will play in the league a long time, but is not a difference maker in any way. The more ends I watch the further down he goes on my list.

7 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

I’d rather drop farther and get Brian Burns. Burns will be better than Gary IMO. I think Burns can be the top DE in the class if he can gain more weight.

I disagree on Burns. I think Burns is more or less already a finished product. He's long and skilled as a pass rusher, but he has absolutely no power in his game and his long legs sap some of his ability to bend the edge--which he will have to do more often if he's not going to convert speed to power. I just don't see players with Burns' profile become top edge prospects often in the NFL. My comp from the beginning for him is Leonard Floyd.

A player I liked much more last year was Lorenzo Carter. Despite being profiling as almost identical athletes. Carter has a power element to his game I never saw from Burns.

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Ferrell not go until day 2. Ferrell seems like a dime-a-dozen end who will play in the league a long time, but is not a difference maker in any way. The more ends I watch the further down he goes on my list.

Winovich a better prospect than Gary.

Archived