2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm not a Michigan fan but I watched a lot of Gary this season (whatever that's available online) and I think his lack of production is a combination of scheme, the attention he got by opposing offenses (both in how they played and double teams, etc.), and his own deficiencies in de-latching himself from offensive linemen.

Thanks Rich for the insight.  I'm intrigued by his versatility and athletic ability (as is every team/fan I'm sure).  I'd be much more on board if he were our 2nd DE drafted, as a sub package with him moving inside and bringing Key in would make for a great pass rush. In fact, I'd honestly be pretty thrilled with this outcome.  However as our #1 DE though, I'd rather look elsewhere (and this is definitely a good draft to do so).

Makes me wonder if we are putting much more emphasis on drafting a base end as opposed to a rush end (make sense I guess if they truly believe in Key).  Would likely disappoint the contingent hoping for Burns and to a lesser extent Polite...

Hypothetically, the board falls in such a way where Kyler is somehow available at #4. Q, Bosa and Allen are all gone. We've fielded offers to move down but the value isn't where it should be. Would you take Murray? Would you pull the trigger on White? Would you look to move down regardless to recoup some picks even though it isn't technically up to value? The board seems to be pretty split on this.

If Murray falls to four, we should get some offers. However, I think if he gets past no.1, sf and the jets, two teams that may be inclined to trade down, would yield some serious offers. People will want to get in front of us if he makes it past the cards. Issue there is we would have to decide between Allen, white, and I guess Oliver. Maybe somebody wants to trade with us to get in front of the giants? Should be interesting. 

If Murray does fall to four, it all depends on what we will get for Carr. I would rather move down than take White at four.

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hypothetically, the board falls in such a way where Kyler is somehow available at #4. Q, Bosa and Allen are all gone. We've fielded offers to move down but the value isn't where it should be. Would you take Murray? Would you pull the trigger on White? Would you look to move down regardless to recoup some picks even though it isn't technically up to value? The board seems to be pretty split on this.

No.  I bite the bullet and take White.  Not that it's a horrible consolation prize.  But he's being mocked at five over and over and over again.  If there is one thing we don't need to look for, it's QB.  Not to say going forward we don't need one, but not at this point.  Give Carr a shot with the toys brought in. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I personally like Risner more than Ford, think Ford is a bit overrated and I see him more as an average tackle than guard. I see Risner as a pro bowl caiber guard who can be an above average RT if you need to put him there. 

Risner would be a great pickup at 35 if he's on the board. If he's the pick our starting OT duo could very likely be Brown/Risner by the end of the season with Miller/Parker as the backups, lmao. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Probably just take Murray, a potential franchise QB is more valuable than a MLB. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Probably just take Murray, a potential franchise QB is more valuable than a MLB. 

How do we know we don't already have a franchise QB?  Carr had at least earned an opportunity to show what he can do with the players brought in.  Let's not forget we have two picks next year to trade toward positioning ourselves to take our franchise QB.  Another point to be made was brought up in NFL Network.  When is the last time you saw Gruden go after a rookie QB?  Those aren't his guys.  He's a veteran QB at the helm kind of guy.    

Just now, Totty said:

How do we know we don't already have a franchise QB?  Carr had at least earned an opportunity to show what he can do with the players brought in.  Let's not forget we have two picks next year to trade toward positioning ourselves to take our franchise QB.  Another point to be made was brought up in NFL Network.  When is the last time you saw Gruden go after a rookie QB?  Those aren't his guys.  He's a veteran QB at the helm kind of guy.    

Carr is okay but he's a middle of the pack type of quarterback. Murray has the potential to be one of the most dynamic players in the league. Carr hasn't played well enough the last two seasons to warrant passing up on Murray if he's on the board. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's tough, I guess it would depend on the compensation and how far we move back, but I would take White. I'm higher on him then alot of people though. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Absolutely no.  We have to give Carr a season with a revamped roster and I absolutely see us making a deal to trade back if Murray is there.   Teams will always over pay for the chance to land a potential franchise QB.  

Murray isn't close to a Luck type prospect.  Murray has questions and his 2 biggest questions are height and baseball.

That being said in this scenario I would love to see us trade back with the Giants for 6 and 17.  Teams give up a ton for QB's and I would love to see this straight up for Murray at 4.  If that happens it would be ideal to snag Oliver at 6 but if this were to play out like this I am not sure he will be available when we pick.  

If Bosa and Allen and Williams are gone I take calls to trade down take the best offer if no calls come I take Sweat While he is not a #4 talent sometimes you just have to take the best player available.  While the Cards are on the Clock at 1 I would call them up and offer them my #27 pick and a 2020 2nd to move up to number one and take Bosa.  I do not think that any other team is going to Trade Up to 2 or 3 to pick Murray.  I really like Allen but he is a 3-4 OLB and I feel that we would be a waste of his talent in our Defense.  I Do not think he will make it past the JETS he fits their defense far better than ours,  The only way that I see the Jets Not Picking Allen if they have a much better grade on Williams or they just get a deal from a team trading up for a QB that is to good to pass up.

I have a question for the Nation, I see in a great many mocks that give us RB back Josh Jacobs while he is good I do not feel that he is a Round one pick for the Raiders the Only Offensive players I see us taking are one of the 3 round one TE's I just had a heart stoppage Gruden also picked another TE at 4 in his last stint as raiders HC, does anyone think he might take Hocenson at 4 if  Bosa, Allen and  Williams are off  and pick edge with our latter picks?

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Mayock and Gruden said they would look at an upgrade at any position. I think Carrs a solid QB but Murray has the potential to be Top 5. Carrs ceiling is more 10-12 range. He has his known flaws and they can sometimes be mimiced with a strong supporting cast. 

But I’m totally fine giving Carr a go with the new toys. I’m just saying I’m open to whatever Mayock and Gruden decide. 

On 4/20/2019 at 4:52 PM, agarcia34 said:

Andre Dillard is a OT tho. Wouldn’t be shocked if a OG was taken early. Wouldn’t complain if they did , but they could probably get one in the 4th that could push to start. 

I think he could play og also

Archived