2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

More and more I get the feeling Bosa, Q and Murray will be gone at 1-3 and we will select White.

I think the 3 are gone and we select Murray. I'd rather have White than Murray and then he plays baseball and we wasted #4 pick and....I need to stop ARGH!!! 

53 minutes ago, G said:

I think the 3 are gone and we select Murray. I'd rather have White than Murray and then he plays baseball and we wasted #4 pick and....I need to stop ARGH!!! 

Man that would be depressing. Not taking him at 4 so much as if he then decided to play baseball and we waste the pick. I don't want him and want to give Carr one more year. But if he is who we get then I'm behind him. Just like I am with any other player on the team. But man a wasted top 5 pick we would never hear the end of.

Happy Easter Raider Nation!

Decided to get into the draft spirit this morning and do a little mock for fun. I used walterfootball as a platform for who was available where. I guess its a bit unrealistic but its just for fun. let me know what you guys think.

4. Josh Allen DE Kentucky

Would love Bosa or Williams here but with them off the board we take the best edge available, not a bad consolation.

24. Traded to Buffalo for 40 and 74

After adding to the defense, selecting Montez Sweat at pick 9 and watching AJ and Marquise Brown get picked at 21 and 22 the Bills pull the trigger and trade up ahead of Indianapolis to snag a big weapon for their young QB, DK Metcalf. Mayock is happy to get back a 3rd round pick.

27. Traded to New York for 37 and 95 

Trading away another first round pick?! Mayock has done his homework and knows there will be plenty of talent available later in the draft. The Giants pass on Haskins twice and add two edge rushers to their defense, but as Haskins continues to slide, they trade up for Elis replacement.

35. Greedy Williams CB LSU

Only one CB goes on the first night of the draft (Byron Murphy) Mayock has his pick at the second corner in round 2 and decides to gamble on the talent of Greedy WIlliams.

37. Jachai Polite DE Florida

Even though we take an edge rusher in the top 5, the whole building knows the leagues worse pass rush is going to need a lot more than that. Allen and Polite will go a long way to helping the teams biggest weakness.

40. Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi St.

Why not go ahead add another piece to the DL to try and remedy that pass rush. A guy who should have went in round 1, slides due to injury. With all the picks the team has acquired they use one on a great value that may not be able to play right away.

**Raiders trade 74 and 140 to Jacksonville for 69**

69. Mack Wilson LB Alabama

After trading back twice Mayock sacrifices a pick to move up in front of a couple LBer needy team (Tampa Bay, Cincinnati) to select a guy he did not expect to be around in the 3rd.

95. Riley Ridley WR Georgia

5 pick, all defense. Mayock must really be in charge! Well Gruden is getting antsy for offense and Mayock is happy to give him another weapon, and take the best WR available at 95.

106. Benny Snell Jr. RB Memphis

Hes no Josh Jacobs, but hes a tough runner. We take a shot on Benny Snell Jr. in the 4th and hope he can produce in the league the way he did in college.

barely knew enough to get through 4 rounds, no way i could predict picks in the 7th.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He admitted his mistake with Parker by picking up Trent Brown, but it’s harder to admit your mistake with a first round pick. Have to give him more time before you admit that mistake. 

The Raiders claimed last year they wanted to basically redshirt Parker and had no plans of playing him as much as they did

20 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I see and I agree that they both project to be very good NFL players.  I just dont understand your stance on Q compared to Oliver.  You have said that you think Q is more versatile which I disagree with.  I think Q projects as strictly a 3T where Oliver will be more of a hybrid 3T/DE.  

I feel the exact opposite. Quinnen was recruited as an edge player and played there during his first two seasons at Alabama. This past year he bulked up and moved inside. At Alabama Quinnen has played DE, 3T, and NT while Oliver has never really played on the edge. It also helps that Williams is 25 pounds heavier, just as quick, with a taller/longer frame. Not sure how Q who is bigger, longer, and has actually played multiple positions is strictly a 3T while Oliver is a hybrid 3T/DE when he has never played on the edge... 

18 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

"He's got 31 inch arms therefore he's not versatile" and cant play DE LOL.  Donalds arm length is about 1/2 and inch longer and you're telling me that 1/2 and inch difference is what makes or breaks him from sliding out to DE?  

I don't think Oliver is suited to play on the edge in the NFL, he's a 3T. Just because you're athletic/explosive doesn't mean that you can play on the edge. PJ Hall was the most productive edge player in NCAA D2 history, he's a little bigger than Oliver, and he's just as explosive. Why didn't we play him at edge last year? 

1 hour ago, FreshPrince said:

Happy Easter Raider Nation!

Decided to get into the draft spirit this morning and do a little mock for fun. I used walterfootball as a platform for who was available where. I guess its a bit unrealistic but its just for fun. let me know what you guys think.

4. Josh Allen DE Kentucky

Would love Bosa or Williams here but with them off the board we take the best edge available, not a bad consolation.

24. Traded to Buffalo for 40 and 74

After adding to the defense, selecting Montez Sweat at pick 9 and watching AJ and Marquise Brown get picked at 21 and 22 the Bills pull the trigger and trade up ahead of Indianapolis to snag a big weapon for their young QB, DK Metcalf. Mayock is happy to get back a 3rd round pick.

27. Traded to New York for 37 and 95 

Trading away another first round pick?! Mayock has done his homework and knows there will be plenty of talent available later in the draft. The Giants pass on Haskins twice and add two edge rushers to their defense, but as Haskins continues to slide, they trade up for Elis replacement.

35. Greedy Williams CB LSU

Only one CB goes on the first night of the draft (Byron Murphy) Mayock has his pick at the second corner in round 2 and decides to gamble on the talent of Greedy WIlliams.

37. Jachai Polite DE Florida

Even though we take an edge rusher in the top 5, the whole building knows the leagues worse pass rush is going to need a lot more than that. Allen and Polite will go a long way to helping the teams biggest weakness.

40. Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi St.

Why not go ahead add another piece to the DL to try and remedy that pass rush. A guy who should have went in round 1, slides due to injury. With all the picks the team has acquired they use one on a great value that may not be able to play right away.

**Raiders trade 74 and 140 to Jacksonville for 69**

69. Mack Wilson LB Alabama

After trading back twice Mayock sacrifices a pick to move up in front of a couple LBer needy team (Tampa Bay, Cincinnati) to select a guy he did not expect to be around in the 3rd.

95. Riley Ridley WR Georgia

5 pick, all defense. Mayock must really be in charge! Well Gruden is getting antsy for offense and Mayock is happy to give him another weapon, and take the best WR available at 95.

106. Benny Snell Jr. RB Memphis

Hes no Josh Jacobs, but hes a tough runner. We take a shot on Benny Snell Jr. in the 4th and hope he can produce in the league the way he did in college.

barely knew enough to get through 4 rounds, no way i could predict picks in the 7th.

Do we need a DT in the 2nd round? I get the argument for QW at 4 due to his talent level, but with Ellis, Hankins, Hurst, Hall and even Vanderdoes I don’t see the need for Simmons tbh. OG or S would be where I would be looking with Lindstrom, Risner, Thornhill, Adderley, 

3 hours ago, G said:

Murray has been plenty up front that he isn’t playing baseball. Also, Mayock/Gruden have worked him out/ have presumably talked to him, so they would know if that was a possibility. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He admitted his mistake with Parker by picking up Trent Brown, but it’s harder to admit your mistake with a first round pick. Have to give him more time before you admit that mistake. 

Miller was a project coming into the league, he wasn't suited to be a starting LT as a rookie. Can't give up on him after 1 season, he has potential. 

30 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Do we need a DT in the 2nd round? I get the argument for QW at 4 due to his talent level, but with Ellis, Hankins, Hurst, Hall and even Vanderdoes I don’t see the need for Simmons tbh. OG or S would be where I would be looking with Lindstrom, Risner, Thornhill, Adderley, 

Simmons was a top 10 player in the class before the injury. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I want Jachai Polite bad. What would be your guys dream draft

4) DE Bosa

24) LB White

27) CB Greedy

35) DT Lawrence

Bosa 'could' slip with SF drama or an overvaluation of QB's going 1/2/3

White would need some serious Foster/Tunsil drama to come out this weekend. Maybe pics of him shooting the Easter Bunny?!?

Greedy shouldn't be there but could be. Tackling 'business decisions' could make it happen but I doubt it.

Lawrence wouldn't be there in any other draft but it's so deep and NT undervalued to 3 tech. 

I really liked Polite before the draft and now don't want him til late 2nd early 3rd. Has the skill but not the passion/head in the game. He was just talented and needs to want to do even more work and that scares me off til late 2nd early 3rd.

52 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Do we need him in the second, no. Just think the value would make it a great pick.

Archived