2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

Wow. Last years draft only give me nightmares...

Bad trade down, reach for need, reach for small school kid, trade up for a bad player, draft a character red flag guy with bad tape, draft an injured guy, another character red flag guy with bad tape and a slow WR...this is just from the top of my head, so I might missed someone...

Yeah. It's why Mayock is here.

14 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This sweat situation is gonna be interesting to see how it plays out. He will no longer attend the draft and will be with his family. I’ll pull the trigger so fast on him at 24 would even trade up a little for him. 

Depending on what the condition is I might hold off a little but no way of giving even an pseudo educated guess.  Based on talent and need if he is a steal anywhere past 15.  With the heart condition it becomes a doctors decision for me if I am Mayock.  He could still be there in the mid rounds.

59 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I hope so too. The fact is the final call is still Gruden's, so untill we have a solid draft, I remain sceptical...

Me replying to you:

Yeah the final call is Gruden's but he actually has someone that is good at this as the voice of reason. For all the things that I liked about Reggie, his draft acumen was not good. Blind leading the brash.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One ideal trade situation I'd like to see would be:

Raiders receive: #17, #37, #95, 2020 2nd round pick

Giants receive: #4

17: Devin Bush Jr, LB, Michigan

24: Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma

27: Clelin Ferrell, Edge, Clemson

35: Rock Ya-Shin, CB, Temple

37: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

95: Oshane Ximines, Edge, Old Dominion

108: Josh Oliver, TE, SJSU

140: Rodney Anderson, RB, Oklahoma

218: Ryan Finley, QB, NC State

235: Jimmy Moreland, DB, James Madison

Ferrell will not last until the 20's bank on that.

27 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Me replying to you:

Yeah the final call is Gruden's but he actually has someone that is good at this as the voice of reason. For all the things that I liked about Reggie, his draft acumen was not good. Blind leading the brash.

Me relying to you:

I hope that as well! But until we have seen it we can just hope. Gruden could go completely bollocks again with a different powerless GM in the warroom...

Right now it's 50/50...

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Seems like Oliver to NY at #3 is picking up some steam. 

I thought you said no way Oliver goes ahead of Q?  I am not saying he will but to think it isn't possible is being naive.  What do you think of think of Oliver in the top 5?

I would love to trade back to 6 and get 17 from the Giants and draft Oliver.  Obviously we would have to give up more picks but would love this move.  

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I thought you said no way Oliver goes ahead of Q?  I am not saying he will but to think it isn't possible is being naive.  What do you think of think of Oliver in the top 5?

I would love to trade back to 6 and get 17 from the Giants and draft Oliver.  Obviously we would have to give up more picks but would love this move.  

Who cares what he thinks? Dude has zero credibility.

11 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Me relying to you:

I hope that as well! But until we have seen it we can just hope. Gruden could go completely bollocks again with a different powerless GM in the warroom...

Right now it's 50/50...

If we are giving odds, it's better than 50/50 imo. With what we know of Mayock and the reasons he was brought on board, (draft expert, strong all in personality, willing to bang the table for his guy, Gruden like commitment and league connections), it seem unlikely that his opinion would be counted the same as Reggie's was.

Reggie didn’t scout, he scouted stories.. hence huge reaches on Hayden and Ward. 

Also big reach on Joseph like he just watched his highlight video. He had the most impressive highlight video but he was easily an early 2nd Round Pick. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Reggie didn’t scout, he scouted stories.. hence huge reaches on Hayden and Ward. 

Also big reach on Joseph like he just watched his highlight video. He had the most impressive highlight video but he was easily an early 2nd Round Pick. 

Mack had a good story....

But I agree with you. He was obsessed with getting cute and trying to outsmart everyone in the room and it was annoying a lot of the time. He drank too much of his own koolaid after 2014.

Archived