2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

Actually I love the move. Only a few people need to see that board. The scouts have already done their jobs, no need for them to see it and possibly leak info.

I'm sure Mayock and Gruden have known which prospects they love for some time already. If your team is still scouting prospects and have no idea who they like with a week to go to the draft then you're in trouble.

Saw this on twitter. All overblown. 

Scouts were sent home for Easter because the rest of the week is devoted to simulating draft process/trades/etc. This has been known for a while, according to Raiders reporters. Fewer people, fewer leaks. Seems like a good way to prep and run a draft.

47 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Definitely will make draft day more interesting. 

Just a dumb asumption from Barnwell to get a foothold in the dumb story of the day. Every team has a "secret plan" at this time. If they don't, they're screwed. Making it seem like we are doing something crazy by protecting our board just like everyone else for clicks is what should be scary. But that social media climate we have to live in. We don't have to buy into it, hook line and sinker, like I saw happen earlier when the "report" come out.

Media mock draft results. On how accurate each well known mock draft reporters did the last two years

Walter Cherepinsky - 10 
Evan Silva - 10 
Daniel Jeremiah - 8
Rob Rang - 8
Mike Mayock - 7
Todd McShay - 6
Tony Pauline - 6 
Bob McGinn - 5 
Josh Norris - 5 
Pete Prisco - 5
Pete Schraeger - 5
Lance Zierlein - 5
Charlie Campbell - 4 
Mel Kiper - 4
Will Brinson - 3 
Jacob Camenker - 3 
Charley Casserly - 3
Scott Wright - 3
Bucky Brooks - 2
Dane Brugler - 2
Peter King - 2
Matt Miller - 2
Thor Nystrom - 2 
Chris Trapasso - 2 
R.J. White - 2 
Chad Reuter - 1 

Here's how the mock drafters fared in 2017: 

Charlie Campbell - 9 
Daniel Jeremiah - 8
Peter King - 7
Lance Zierlein - 6
[Name redacted for multiple journalism ethics violations] - 6
Walter Cherepinsky - 5 
Mike Mayock - 5
Evan Silva - 5 
Scott Wright - 5
Bucky Brooks - 4
Todd McShay - 4
Josh Norris - 4 
Tony Pauline - 4 
Pete Prisco - 4
Rob Rang - 4
Pete Schraeger - 4
Dane Brugler - 3
Chad Reuter - 3
Charley Casserly - 2
Mel Kiper - 2
Bob McGinn - 2 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/mockdraftresults2018.php#ixzz5lZddEz6A

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The team needs elite talent across the board. We shouldn't pass up on a dynamic playmaker for a worse player because he plays defense. I guarantee you that one of our first four picks will be used on an offensive player. Our WR group is meh after AB/TW, we need a TE, RG could be an early pick, and we could use another RB as well. 

so imo id rather find a te or rb that a 3rd wr….just me.

I don't know if it's common knowledge but there is a predict the first 15 picks as a free contest on Draft Kings (if it's allowed where you live/your age) when you are on the contest page it's the background image Wrangler Draft contest. Also there is another free predict the pick contest on NFL site (the first 32 picks) at https://predictpick.nfl.com if anyone was interested.

edit: also if you've never done them the team is irrelevant. You get points based off how close the prospect went to the number overall like 100 points if Bosa goes 4 and you predicted 4, but you get 50 still if he went 3rd overall instead. Might change your strategy for picks or whatever.

Archived