2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Not sure where you're coming up with your theory.  Multiple analysts have thrown out the comparison to Aaron Donald and that is based on his versatility and athletic ability.    

Have you not seen those comparisons or have you been living in a cave?

That’s your rebuttal? Aaron Donald is such a easy comparison for 3Ts. QW, Oliver, Rankins, etc. Their main comp is always Donald. 

Oliver is not playing on the edge with 31” arms. He’s a pure, pure 3T. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, he might be a fantastic 3T, I’m not saying he’s gonna be bad or anything like that. But he’s definitely not versatile. There are other arguments to propel Oliver and that’s like the worst argument you can make. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s your rebuttal? Aaron Donald is such a easy comparison for 3Ts. QW, Oliver, Rankins, etc. Their main comp is always Donald. 

Oliver is not playing on the edge with 31” arms. He’s a pure, pure 3T. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, he might be a fantastic 3T, I’m not saying he’s gonna be bad or anything like that. But he’s definitely not versatile. There are other arguments to propel Oliver and that’s like the worst argument you can make. 

Why don't you read up on Oliver before you spout out garbage.  Typical uneducated homer who claims to understand football. 

"He's got 31 inch arms therefore he's not versatile" and cant play DE LOL.  Donalds arm length is about 1/2 and inch longer and you're telling me that 1/2 and inch difference is what makes or breaks him from sliding out to DE?  

Why are many analysts comparing Oliver to Donald?  I am not saying he is going to be and all world player like Donald but I can certainly see the similarities.    

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why don't you read up on Oliver before you spout out garbage.  Typical uneducated homer who claims to understand football. 

"He's got 31 inch arms therefore he's not versatile" and cant play DE LOL.  Donalds arm length is about 1/2 and inch longer and you're telling me that 1/2 and inch difference is what makes or breaks him from sliding out to DE?  

Why are many analysts comparing Oliver to Donald?  I am not saying he is going to be and all world player like Donald but I can certainly see the similarities.    

Dude Sheldon Rankins and Quinnen Williams are compared to Donald EVERY TIME almost. It’s a LAZY comparison. 

I’m not saying Oliver is a subpar prospect like NY. But QW is clearly the better prospect. I’m sure we can at least agree on that much. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If the Oliver to Jet Mocks are true they are probably converting him to OLB which would be interesting. I still think Oliver goes 8 to Detroit though and the earliest is 6 to NYG. 

Convert him to OLB?!?!?! 

Bless your heart. 

Since Arizona has the first pick and can negotiate a contract and whatnot before the draft, could they have been serious about Kyler #1 and then asked for a no baseball clause and Kyler said no and now they aren't going to take him number 1? Is that a possibility? In January the As offered him 14mil guaranteed (on top of his 5mil) and a spot on the 40 man roster which fast tracks him to the big leagues. Baker got just north of 30mil for going number 1 last year. If the As up it close and the Cardinals don't take him one surely the concern of baseball over football will be huge right? Why wouldn't he take the football guarantees and then just go to baseball, like of course he will say I love football. I only want to play football. But if there is no no baseball clause to void guarantees, why wouldn't he  say all the right things get his football rights drafted, then return to baseball after then leveraging more money out of the As? He could fast track his way to playing in the outfield with Laureano and Piscotty, get 20-30mil from football and an extra 14 + from the As. It's the right move. I'd avoid at any point in the draft unless he had no baseball in his contract to void all guarantees and I'm not sure at what round the risk of maybe he loves football is worth the risk of him just walking away.

Murray and his Agent did visit the Cards last week. I could see the no baseball clause as an issue. Interesting development. 

I still think it’s smoke though and I’d be pretty surprised if Murray isn’t the #1 pick on Thursday. 

12 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Dalton Risner at 35 

One of my favorite players in the draft. I think he could play inside as a rookie and if Kolton Miller continues to struggle we could have a young a talented duo at tackle in Trent Brown and Dalton Risner. Its unfortunate we wasted so much draft capital on Miller and Parker but I rather Gruden just admit his mistakes and move on.

27 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

One of my favorite players in the draft. I think he could play inside as a rookie and if Kolton Miller continues to struggle we could have a young a talented duo at tackle in Trent Brown and Dalton Risner. Its unfortunate we wasted so much draft capital on Miller and Parker but I rather Gruden just admit his mistakes and move on.

Gruden is an ego maniac. No chance. 

Archived