2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

A surprise pick at 4 that sounds like fun! Prepare yourself for the worse pray for the best. 

If it’s Drew Lock or Haskins I might actually just take a couple months off this message board so. Those are really the only surprise picks I can think of. White not so much

with the 4th pick in the 2019 NFL draft the Oakland Raiders select QB Daniel Jones

jesus I would be so heated. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

A surprise pick at 4 that sounds like fun! Prepare yourself for the worse pray for the best. 

If it’s Drew Lock or Haskins I might actually just take a couple months off this message board so. Those are really the only surprise picks I can think of. White not so much

Generally that's how the draft turns out. With trades, these teams never really take the players we think they would. 

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

with the 4th pick in the 2019 NFL draft the Oakland Raiders select QB Daniel Jones

jesus I would be so heated. 

I think Gary or Sweat would be considered pretty big surprises at this point. Gary I wouldnt love, Sweat would probably have people saying we reached but if the heart checks out hes my number 2 DE behind Bosa and I would be on board with the pick, though I would be in the minority. 

Greedy could be an outside possibility as well, though I really can't see it. 

Lock does make some sense all things considered as who the surprise pick could be, and while I like Lock more than most, that would be a bad pick. 

Part of what he said should probably include, “If Quinnen Williams doesn’t make it to their pick.”

Another though I had could be Josh Jacobs. I love him as a prospect, but that is way too early.

Clearly Rapp doesn’t have much information since he guessed White, a qb, or an olinemen. I would lose it if we took a guard at four. Seems like this is part clickbait, part disgruntled scout. Who knows?

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mayock is just too level headed and smart to get forced into a bad selection. It's obvious Mayock has had some serious sway in FA and I think he will be left to do his thing come draft time too.

A "surprise" pick for me means White or Oliver. 

Don’t know how you can say that Mayock will be left to do his thing. We need to see a draft so we can see if Gruden is taking Mayocks advise. We know what a Gruden draft looks like and we will know by the end of Thursday night if Mayock actually has any voice in who gets picked. 

The only realistic surprises I couldn't stand would be:

1. Any QB
  2. Jawaan Taylor (maybe to play him at OG?)
  3. Rashan Gary or Clelin Ferrell

I would be fine with White, Oliver, Sweat, Burns, maybe Hockeson because I love him but would still be a little perturbed with taking a TE that high.

Archived