• Will Grier: 30
  • Brett Rypien: 28
  • Jarrett Stidham: 27
  • Drew Lock: 26
  • Tyree Jackson: 25
  • Dwayne Haskins: 25
  • Sean McGuire: 22
  • Kyler Murray: 20

QB Wonderlic Scores. I'm a firm believer wonderlic scores do matter for QBs. At least if you score 20 or less, you're not be much better than average. Look at the history of QB wonderlic scores, for scores 20 or less it is not pretty what so ever. You got some rarity's in there like Marino at 16 but 20 or less is a good indicator that a QB may not be smart enough to understand coverages well among other things. Even Marino threw into double coverage and was bad at recognizing coverage more so than a lot of QBs. He was just extremely talented.

I still like Murray but man... that wonderlic score is bad and history is not on his side.

On the bright side, the guy I've had as my QB2 all draft season score 43 in Finley. I still think he's gonna be a stud. Most pro ready QB out of anybody. Best accuracy and most intelligent of any QB by far.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who have we NOT been linked to at #4 thus far? This is who I can remember us liking:

• Murray
  • Bosa
  • Williams
  • Allen
  • White
  • Haskins
  • Oliver
  • Etc.

Even with all our "leaks" there still is a ton of uncertainty about who we truly covet.

We’ve been linked to just about everyone honestly. 

I don’t think we’ve been linked to Sweat but by god that’d be a massive reach at 4 imo. 

I'm a pretty big believer in the Wonderlic. Not that it correlates to QB success; rather that a bad score really limits your ability. It's so rare to be a great QB and have a low score. Great scores don't correlate to good QB, but I think bad scores correlate to a limited QB.

You have to do at least decent on the test, which Murray did not. This would alarm me more than his height does. I think Carr also got a 20 IIRC...

2 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I'm a pretty big believer in the Wonderlic. Not that it correlates to QB success; rather that a bad score really limits your ability. It's so rare to be a great QB and have a low score. Great scores don't correlate to good QB, but I think bad scores correlate to a limited QB.

You have to do at least decent on the test, which Murray did not. This would alarm me more than his height does. I think Carr also got a 20 IIRC...

Exactly. I would say 25-50 means nothing as in 26 vs 49 would mean nothing to me. But 20 or less has a really badddd track record. You got Marino, who even Dolphin fans will tell you wasn’t all that smart, and McNabb and a few others. A very short list of successful QBs. 21-25 is that range I wouldn’t worry much but also not a whole lot of success either. 

4 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I hope they don't over think this ****. Just pick the BPA at 4 and don't get cute.

Give me QW, please. 

If QW is gone, and a trade down is not possible, give me Devin White. ILB at 4 isn’t sexy but he should be a Pro Bowl talent. Look at what Wagner did for Seattles D so many years. 

I still think Allen is an absolute terrible scheme fit. Not saying I hate Allen, if I was a 3-4 team he’d be #2 on my board behind QW. But for a 4-3 team he barely scratches the Top 15 for me imo. 

Archived