2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

LOL... like you? This is your exact argument against Oliver. All the traits, but he didn't beat CFL/XFL Olinemen in college. But coaching can't help those traits apparently 

Are you incapable of reading? I like Oliver just not here. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You're like my crazy uncle who screams a bunch of non-sense. Says 9/11 was an inside job and he has proof, but nobody is listening so he just talks louder hoping someone at the family reunion will feel sorry and engage with him.

How's that mock draft coming?

I'm like your dad, who knows more than you but you hate to admit it. But don't worry my son, I will show you the ropes. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hurst, ironically, was 42 by PFF, Mayock, and Daniel Jerimiah, however, this was after his condition was announced. He was ranked Top 30 before that by all of them. 

He’s not the same level prospect as Ed Oliver, not gonna debate that, but he’s a 1st Round Prospect and the gap is not as huge as you think. 

Calling him a 3rd Round Prospect is laughable. 

If it is so laughable why did he go in the 5th and Star L went 13th overall with a similar condition?

Also where would you project Luck to be drafted with a similar condition?

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If it is so laughable why did he go in the 5th and Star L went 13th overall with a similar condition?

Also where would you project Luck to be drafted with a similar condition?

Probably media hype played a major part. Hurst is still a solid pick and I'd honestly be fine with us drafting him in the first. He's a good player.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Probably media hype played a major part. Hurst is still a solid pick and I'd honestly be fine with us drafting him in the first. He's a good player.

Hurst was our highest graded defensive player last year, by far, as a rookie. 

He good. 

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I like Hurst and he was good value in the 5th.  I certainly would not have touched him in the 1st round even if he had a clean bill of health.  

Just now, big_palooka said:

You literally said he couldn't beat future CFL/XFL Olineman and have been dogging him for weeks. Sounds like you like him...... 

You're Mr Flip Flop himself so you understand that opinions can change. 

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we draft him at 4 will you revise your evaluation or will you say Mayock is a clueless stooge?

I've said I like him but I just don't think that he fits here. If we take him I'll support him but I don't see what we'll do with Hall/Hurst/Oliver.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I've said I like him but I just don't think that he fits here. If we take him I'll support him but I don't see what we'll do with Hall/Hurst/Oliver.

I actually think that would be a good problem to have.  Who knows what Hall will be and I like Hurst.  Depth along the Dline, a position we have been terrible at for years will be a good thing.  Oliver is on a different level than any player we have along the line. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You said Oliver was more versatile than Williams, then dodged me after I called you out.

I still believe that Oliver will be better at rushing the passer than Williams when lined up on the edge.  A lot of scouts feel the same way I do as well.  Read up before you post nonsense.  

Archived