Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

24 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I’m down to lynch Counselor, ET, or Forge.

Outside chance at Rick because I don’t really get what the point of this ET “slip” on Forge being smart is.

It's a reference to the fact that ET has to my knowledge, not played a mafia game with forge before, so characterizing him as one of the "smart" players is pretty scummy.  Almost like he is in a chat with someone, or is trying to buddy up to him 

19 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Well, I would not emulate Counselor.  Plus, the object of vanilla Town is not to survive, it is to contribute while alive, and, if necessary, die to obscure the power roles who can solve the game beyond thread play.

I think this post is ironic...but I'm not sure my memory is correct lmao

8 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

It's a reference to the fact that ET has to my knowledge, not played a mafia game with forge before, so characterizing him as one of the "smart" players is pretty scummy.  Almost like he is in a chat with someone, or is trying to buddy up to him 

Yeah, but that seems to be stretching the taffy thin.  What could Forge have said in chat to make ET characterize him as intelligent that is more likely than a multi-year forum history with the guy?  You’re taking the blade of Occam’s Razor right now.

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, but that seems to be stretching the taffy thin.  What could Forge have said in chat to make ET characterize him as intelligent that is more likely than a multi-year forum history with the guy?  You’re taking the blade of Occam’s Razor right now.

What makes you dismiss the idea that someone else told ET about Forge's mafia skill level.  A number of us complimented forge on his play last game, it could have been one of those that are in a chat with et...….

The comment from ET is definitely rubbing me the wrong way right now. 

The point remains on holding the blade.

I think there are reasons to condemn ET, and I don’t think that is one of them.  You’re finding it more likely that someone praised Forge sufficiently to make an impression on ET, rather than ET has known Forge for years, as an explanation.

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

What makes you dismiss the idea that someone else told ET about Forge's mafia skill level.  A number of us complimented forge on his play last game, it could have been one of those that are in a chat with et...….

The comment from ET is definitely rubbing me the wrong way right now. 

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Usually, the two are tied. I have yet to meet somebody who isn't smart be good at this game.

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

We have played one together - the Game of Thrones mafia game. Though obviously that was a fairly non traditional mafia game it felt like. Just in the interest of full disclosure. 

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I dont think I remember you playing that way. Almost always seems like you would rather live than sacrifice...but I may be mistaken

Nah, I preserve myself when I don’t trust investigators to solve the game, or if it’s a lynch because I know 100% I’m Town, and I don’t know what the other person is — that variable is removed when it’s NKs.  

Otherwise, I’ve been fairly consistent with it, unless I think Town needs someone willing to put in the legwork and grind through the thread more than a role (which I think is 2 games).  Pretty sure I only self-protected twice despite being the Doctor in three games, for a total of about 12-15 nights... and I was killed on one of those nights.

Archived