Two Words. Jordan Reed

Money

Two nice Belichick moves the past few days.

I would cut Gay and Cockrell. Save $4m

I would cut Golden. Save $1.5m

David Johnson should now be cut.  These moves the past few days add good players and help us improve the rule of 51

Much more can be done with making wise cap cuts to bolster the roster. I think the move on the table would be to improve the tight end position with a Pro Bowler. AB left. Marty right. Bell backfield. A dominant TE presence completes the puzzle. 

Two words. Jordan Reed. 27 years old. All-Pro. When you get rid of Jordan Reed's pro-rated portion (WSH dead money) he has the most favorable TE contract going forward and is locked up for the next five years not too mention being a top 3 TE.

What would it cost to bring in a Jordan Reed???

Washington is transitioning to a 3-4 and to help ease this transition a guy they might sign in free agency anyways might be a good idea to give him to them now as opposed to losing him in free agency. Stephon Tuitt. His value is tough to gauge. And DL always want and usually deserve those $60m type deals and I'm not sure he has proven he is worth that. His skillset shows he's worth it but he hasn't had that 10 sack year that backs up the talent.

Sammie Coates has some value and the Steelers have a crowded WR room. Josh Doctson of Redskins is coming off an injury and Coates will push him at the z position and will supplant Brian Quick as the #4 WR. Coates is explosive with the ball in space.

Draft picks are always nice and handy. This pick will be the Steelers 2018 2nd rd pick.

Jordan Reed to PIT for Stephon Tuitt, Sammie Coates, and 2018 2nd rd pick

On 8/31/2017 at 4:21 AM, Money said:

Washington is transitioning to a 3-4

https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/wp/2017/01/18/the-redskins-failed-experiment-with-the-3-4-defense-should-end/?utm_term=.7309cadd1c60

It’s time for the Redskins to admit defeat and go back to a 4-3 defense.

Their seven-year experiment with a 3-4 scheme — now the norm for NFL defenses — has failed. 

Appreciate the attempt here - but none of what you said is realistic; or true.

I also wouldn't trade Tuitt right now unless it's an outstanding offer.

Archived