2019 NFL Draft thread

bucsfan333

If I m Licht and I know I m probably going to draft Gay, no doubt I am excusing myself before the pick, going back to my office, grabbing a shot of whiskey then taking a deep breath and muttering  " I m ready" to myself.  I respect him for his stones to turn that card in.  What an amazing 3 days.  We won the draft before and look where it got us, no such awards this time around.  😉

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If I m Licht and I know I m probably going to draft Gay, no doubt I am excusing myself before the pick, going back to my office, grabbing a shot of whiskey then taking a deep breath and muttering  " I m ready" to myself.  I respect him for his stones to turn that card in.  What an amazing 3 days.  We won the draft before and look where it got us, no such awards this time around.  😉

I think a big part of it (before the Gay pick) was that there were apparently 32 different rankings for the DBs. It sounds like this class was viewed differently by everyone.

And none of the team rankings lined up at all with all the internet rankings. They never do. But I think there was just a bigger disconnect this time.

There was always supposed to be a ton of depth. But everyone had expectations that didn't line up with how the NFL viewed these guys. So nobody's happy. 😂

As for picking Gay, I get it. We all screamed for a kicking upgrade. We've cried for one for like a decade. We finally took one. And he's actually got an incredible leg and accuracy beyond 40.

I'll have a drink for Licht and company for taking another kicker, knowing the immediate outrage that was gonna reign upon them.