2019 NFL Draft thread

bucsfan333

35 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I would imagine that's why we traded back.

Also, drafting BPA is really just drafting BPA at a position of need. Most teams aren't taking a QB when they have a starter because that's the best player available. That's why Lock fell as far as he did. Same with Grier.

Yes, I agree. 

Crazy thoughts, I know it probably won t happen, but would you trade next year s first for Clowney?  Don t worry about salary cap because they could create space if they really wanted to with restructuring.  The market has been set with the Clark trade.  Licht and BA have traded for pass rushers in the past.  He just turned 26.  

Anyway back to reality, how long can they wait to get Cowart?  I wouldn t mind another trade back to snag an extra pick on day 3 today.  

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Anyway back to reality, how long can they wait to get Cowart?  I wouldn t mind another trade back to snag an extra pick on day 3 today.

I think we take Samia with our fourth and trade up for Cowart with our next pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think it will be Cowart or Johnson for the dline.  Ultimately, I selected Johnson for my day 3 picks because of his ability to play NT also.

He might be a high priority free agent. It's tough to tell this late in the draft. That's why I opted for Cowart.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Crazy thoughts, I know it probably won t happen, but would you trade next year s first for Clowney?  Don t worry about salary cap because they could create space if they really wanted to with restructuring.  The market has been set with the Clark trade.  Licht and BA have traded for pass rushers in the past.  He just turned 26.  

no i definitely wouldnt trade for clowney, no thanks

im sad we traded the pick that got Derrel Henderson, i really wanted him late, i am really surprised we didnt draft a RB or OL

what backs are even available that are  decent left?

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I always liked Carroll, that s a great story.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

So much this.

With a regime change there will be change, kind of makes sense when the defense being so wretched, that s where the majority of the changes will be.  No need to listen to the Ira Kaufmann podcast for a few weeks because of the incessant whining that is going to take place.  No problem with critiquing, just pretty obvious the plan is to rely on playing plenty of man coverage then blitz from possibly anywhere to create pressure.  Gone are the days of lining up 4 dlinemen and dropping both LBs into coverage every play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

With a regime change there will be change, kind of makes sense when the defense being so wretched, that s where the majority of the changes will be.  No need to listen to the Ira Kaufmann podcast for a few weeks because of the incessant whining that is going to take place.  No problem with critiquing, just pretty obvious the plan is to rely on playing plenty of man coverage then blitz from possibly anywhere to create pressure.  Gone are the days of lining up 4 dlinemen and dropping both LBs into coverage every play.

Yup. We're not gonna read and react anymore. And that takes an entirely different set of players. We wanna attack so we drafted four guys who can help us do that. 

And it's not like our secondary is oozing with talent. Everyone back there just got put on notice.

• Like 1