2019 NFL Draft thread

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Say goodbye to Ryan Smith and Devante Harris.  No need to check the availability of Mo Claiborne after the draft.

Really want Jalen Hurd tomorrow.

I actually liked Harris. Smith was dog **** though. Horrible COD skills. Had maybe 1 good game in his career.

i think VG3 is gone next season

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

He's probably our best slot CB right now. But if we give it a year, he could definitely be expendable.

Slot CBs are avg around that market price these days. The good ones that is. Bucs will have plenty of cap space. I hope he plays well bc I like Vern but man drafting 2 DBs when maybe 3 will see the field regularly is tough. Someone wont be playing. 

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I like the idea of throwing in a huge amount of guys and making them fight to the death to make this roster. 

We've got the coaching staff size to be able to do it.

Exactly. Best man wins. The rest are depth. 

6 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Bruce Arians did say "you draft for need, you get fired"... so, are the DBs best available on their board? Cause if it's for the reason of it being a passing league, I'd consider that for need. 

I would imagine that's why we traded back.

Also, drafting BPA is really just drafting BPA at a position of need. Most teams aren't taking a QB when they have a starter because that's the best player available. That's why Lock fell as far as he did. Same with Grier.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, indifference said:

Slot CBs are avg around that market price these days. The good ones that is. Bucs will have plenty of cap space. I hope he plays well bc I like Vern but man drafting 2 DBs when maybe 3 will see the field regularly is tough. Someone wont be playing. 

We'll have five on the field like 75% of the time. We didn't have five that should be on the field 75% of the time before today. We might still not have that many. But at least we've got more options. And the options we just drafted have higher upside than the guys we had.

We need bigger CBs and safeties that can cover. White and David aren't gonna be running sideline to sideline in coverage nearly as much anymore. They're gonna be blitzing. And someone has to cover Kamara, McCaffrey, and Freeman.

Lavonte isn't gonna be covering Michael Thomas anymore. We need big, athletic CBs who can do that.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We need bigger CBs and safeties that can cover. White and David aren't gonna be running sideline to sideline in coverage nearly as much anymore. They're gonna be blitzing. And someone has to cover Kamara, McCaffrey, and Freeman.

Lavonte isn't gonna be covering Michael Thomas anymore. We need big, athletic CBs who can do that.

I love our LB match up on those RBs now but yeah we dont need them covering slot WRs. These nickel and dime packages will be interesting. 

Dean and Bunting are great athletes. We got some speed in the secondary tonight. Edwards ill have to do my HW on

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I would imagine that's why we traded back.

Also, drafting BPA is really just drafting BPA at a position of need. Most teams aren't taking a QB when they have a starter because that's the best player available. That's why Lock fell as far as he did. Same with Grier.

Dean was too good to pass up at 94.

• Like 1