2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

All in all, I don't really like the value we got in the first. But at least we picked positions of need. Hopefully these guys turn out to be studs.

Ferrell was definitely a reach IMO, but that's just based on media evaluations. Every other edge player that was taken in the first round last night has some issues, Ferrell is arguably the "cleanest" edge prospect in the draft. Is he the flashiest guy? No. But he has one of the higher floors of any player in the draft and we should have a plug and play starter who's a leader on our defense for years to come. In comparison to the other edge guys, he's a safe pick. Brian Burns/Rashan Gary are super boom or bust guys, Josh Allen doesn't fit in our scheme, and Montez Sweat's heart condition might be serious down the road although I would've loved him at 24. 

2 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I might be in the minority but I liked our draft so far. Would have gone sweat at 24 though but oh well. 

Would you guys be mad if we went Polite for our second rounder? Being if we don’t trade down and Murphy is gone

I wouldn't be mad, but I think Polite drops further in to the 3rd. Wish we had more ammo but I'll take AB over Polite any day.

2 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I might be in the minority but I liked our draft so far. Would have gone sweat at 24 though but oh well. 

Would you guys be mad if we went Polite for our second rounder? Being if we don’t trade down and Murphy is gone

I'd be happy with Polite, Winovich, Greedy, or Brown with our next pick.

I know the thinking is that the Raiders are staying at 35 after what Mayock said last night on the NFLN but you have to trade down. Teams should be calling to move up especially if the Cardinals don’t trade out which is looking unlikely. The value for 35 is to good to just stay there. 

The Cardinals really botched the way they handled Josh Rosen. You have to figure it was Murray all along and you refused to deal him before the draft and now you’re most likely stuck with him unless a starting QB gets hurt. That’s QB room gonna be interesting. That’s even if Rosen shows up 

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The Cardinals really botched the way they handled Josh Rosen. You have to figure it was Murray all along and you refused to deal him before the draft and now you’re most likely stuck with him unless a starting QB gets hurt. That’s QB room gonna be interesting. That’s even if Rosen shows up 

It really hurts that two of their potential trade partners (NYG & Wash) got their QB's last night. 

Archived