7[222] Bears Draft RB Kerrith Whyte

WindyCity

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Because they wanted a RB that had speed that was not Cohen, who draws a ton of attention.

Speed and could catch.  I know. I still would have went with Howard. 

Mizzel was awful and he didn’t come through.  

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I just watched highlights, so it is admittedly not film, but man this kid gets to the 2nd level fast.  He is the definition of a homerun threat.  I'm with windy, try to get him iso 2 or 3 times a game and let's see if he can house one.  

He had 10 tds on just 144 touches which IMHO is why Singletary couldn't keep him off the field.  He also gives us a #2 KOR guy.

He's not what I would call shifty he's simply a one speed slasher who needs some daylight so he can run by people before they can adjust.  Get him the ball in space as a receiver and not many NFL DBs will be able to chase him down from behind.  Another tool in Nagy's tool box and a major upgrade over Mizzell.

I did not realize that Whyte was 5-10 and almost 200 pounds, he's a lot bigger than i thought he was. I thought he was more of the Wolfe/Cohen size. His size and speed really should make him an excellent special teams player that would help him make the roster as a weapon/KR/ST player (i'm thinking personal protector, taking over cunningham's role on ST)