> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Just did this mock on TDN.

21. Justin Jefferson WR LSU - I have a feeling this is going to happen.

53. Damon Arnette Cb Ohio St-  Gets comps to darius slay so obviously the eagles are into this sorta thing. 

103. Logan Wilson LB Wyoming- Eagles have shown interest and I think he has a legit chance of being the pick at 103 if he's there.

127. Darnell Mooney WR Tulane- Outside burner to make up for justin being a middle of the field guy.

145. Kenny Robinson S XFL- Eagles have checked in on him and I think he's good value at 145.

146. A.J. Dillon RB Boston College- I think he compliments Miles and Boston really well as a third back. 

168. Jason Strowbridge DL North Carolina- Guy to add to the DL rotation.

190. Alex Taylor OT South Carolina St- Developmental tackle prospect. 

Mooney will not be an outside WR. Arnette is nothing like Slay, from both an athleticism and play-style standpoint.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I live on the west coast and saw usc play every week Nelly did not have good hands at usc. 

Oh god I am looking at nfl.com combine review of Nelson. 

'Tracks the ball over his shoulder and careful not to crowd himself against the boundary

OH GOD HOW COULD THEY BE MORE WRONG?

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

giphy.gif

Arnette in particular looked pretty stiff at the combine going through drills. I think he might have to move to safety. His transitions/hip-flip was not good. 

And Mooney is just to weak to play outside. He gets ragdolled by DB's that will never get drafted. He needs to play slot so he can get a clean release.

Edited by Jeezla

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

While I don’t want JJ, he will likely be a solid yet unspectacular pick. Nothing like the horrid reach that was Danny Watkins. 

I really just don’t want another solid and unspectacular offensive player in a room full of solid an unspectacular offensive “weapons” 

Yeah he's a way better prospect than Watkins, I was just so devastated in 2011 lmao.

I REALLY wanted us to trade up for Patrick Peterson. Knew that was improbable obviously, but would have done almost anything trade-wise to get it done. It was so obvious be was going to be a perennial all-pro.

It's just a similar feeling this year. I REALLY want to trade up for Lamb/Jeudy first and foremost, followed by Ruggs. I never saw the Watkins pick coming (thought we were going to take Jimmy Smith who I also really wanted.) But after experiencing the Watkins disappointment I know that if we take Jefferson instead of trading up it will feel the same as it did in 2011 to me.

Those WR wonderlic scores kinda confirm why I prefer Lamb over Jeudy. Jeudy sounds like he never paid attention in school. Granted, it's not like Lamb did much better, but he sounds reasonably intelligent in interviews.

Edited by Jeezla

58 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I live on the west coast and saw usc play every week Nelly did not have good hands at usc. 

I stand corrected,  iits been a long time since that time. Also people thought he could play the outside too

What a miss, too caught up in trying tio replace Maclin eith maclin type instead of drafting a good player...

Positional Crushes (Based on a combination of draft projection value and how much I generally like them)

Backup QB - A Gordon
RB2 - C Akers
WR1 - C Lamb
WR2 - A Gandy-Golden
SWR - Q Watkins (I think he'll struggle outside, but he could be a weapon in the slot)
OT - Peart
OG - Bartch (I think he could play RT too)
C - Hennessy
DE - A Robinson
DT - Agim
OLB - D Taylor
MLB - Gay Jr
S - Dugger/Stone (I love his value in the 5th)
CB - Robinson II

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Anyone bring up the Mims being like scared or some crap.  I skimmed through an article earlier about it

https://www.12up.com/posts/baylor-wr-denzel-mims-scared-visiting-philadelphia-eagles-nfl-draft-video-01e6783jaz4n

So a country kid was out of his element in a big city for the first time? That no reason to pass on a good football player.

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Anyone bring up the Mims being like scared or some crap.  I skimmed through an article earlier about it

https://www.12up.com/posts/baylor-wr-denzel-mims-scared-visiting-philadelphia-eagles-nfl-draft-video-01e6783jaz4n

He grew up in small town texas. Pretty understandable if you've never been to big city like LA or Chicago or Philly.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He grew up in small town texas. Pretty understandable if you've never been to big city like LA or Chicago or Philly.

This,  I was born at Abington Hospital and spent my entire life in the Philadelpjhia/South Jersey area. Even as a local it can be a lot so I dont have a problem with a kid being out of his element being here for the first time.

4 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

This,  I was born at Abington Hospital and spent my entire life in the Philadelpjhia/South Jersey area. Even as a local it can be a lot so I dont have a problem with a kid being out of his element being here for the first time.

I grew up 40 minutes outside of LA/Hollywood. It was like a different world the first time I actually drove there (and accidentally got lost and ended up driving through skid row)