Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Just now, beekay414 said:

Did Punk put himself over MJF in the end? That's all I need to know.

MJF beat Punk twice (one match) but Punk won the PPV match. I wasn't happy with that result but based on where they're going I'm excited now. The storytelling in that feud was next level.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

MJF beat Punk twice (one match) but Punk won the PPV match. I wasn't happy with that result but based on where they're going I'm excited now. The storytelling in that feud was next level.

Asked and answered. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't give two ****s about any of AEW or WWE lol

AEW put in a ton of work and had a long term angle to put the strap on Hangman and it was perfect. Took Punk less than a year to ruin it.

hangman is a hardy type imo. better chasing the belt. he wasn't bland bland, but he lost spark as champ. i was personally ready for hangman to lose the belt.. even against cole i was like alright this was be a good time to drop it.. first reign.. young.. get him back on a long *** chase, it's where he thrives imo.. and i say this as hangman being like one of my top 5 favorites 

punk is a guy that can hold a belt and keep it interesting. his program with mjf (albeit mjf is the ******* best thing in wrestling and should have the belt) was the best thing in wrestling in a long *** time... his program with hangman was good.. darby **** was alright.. besides mjf and and maybe jericho nobody creates more entertaining programs 

• Like 2

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I get where you're coming from but I wouldn't write it off because of the result. Especially with how things have played out since.

Punk in the spotlight doesn't interest me at all so you're talking to the wrong person. It could be the greatest storyline in wrestling history and I wouldn't care because it's Punk.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Punk in the spotlight doesn't interest me at all so you're talking to the wrong person. It could be the greatest storyline in wrestling history and I wouldn't care because it's Punk.

That's a weird take but it's honest.

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

hangman is a hardy type imo. better chasing the belt. he wasn't bland bland, but he lost spark as champ. i was personally ready for hangman to lose the belt.. even against cole i was like alright this was be a good time to drop it.. first reign.. young.. get him back on a long *** chase, it's where he thrives imo.. and i say this as hangman being like one of my top 5 favorites 

punk is a guy that can hold a belt and keep it interesting. his program with mjf (albeit mjf is the ******* best thing in wrestling and should have the belt) was the best thing in wrestling in a long *** time... his program with hangman was good.. darby **** was alright.. besides mjf and and maybe jericho nobody creates more entertaining programs 

Punk with the strap does nothing for me, personally. I don't think I can make that any more clear. I disliked him in E when he was at his peak and I'm certainly not going to change my stance on him now. Some guys do it for others while some don't. I don't care for Punk or Moxley and those are two guys that AEW has hitched their wagons. I don't think that's something I've ever strayed from regardless of where they are employed.

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

They didn't give Hangman anything to work with as champion either. They gave him the epic build but nothing to keep the momentum going. What they should do is have Punk slowly turn, and have MJF take the belt off him to conclude this story.

I just don't care for Punk lol

I remember, back in the day, getting into it with MBTL over Punk so we're going back almost a decade here. 

No, I get that. It's just weird to say nothing he does will ever matter to you because you don't like him. There are plenty of wrestlers I don't care for who do cool or interesting **** to get me invested. Hell Punk is one of them. I hated him near the end of his WWE run. Good wrestling/story should trump dislike of a character imo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

No, I get that. It's just weird to say nothing he does will ever matter to you because you don't like him. There are plenty of wrestlers I don't care for who do cool or interesting **** to get me invested. Hell Punk is one of them. I hated him near the end of his WWE run. Good wrestling/story should trump dislike of a character imo. 

And I'm not cut like you haha. If I don't care for someone, I just can't buy in. I'm about to get roasted here but I can't stand Rey Mysterio and he's been involved in some great **** in his career. I never cared. 

Christian? Never cared. 
Ambrose/Moxley? Never cared.
Kofi Kingston? Don't care.
Finn Balor? Don't care at all.
Daniel Bryan? Never cared.

Bryan arguably had the best story arc in history and I just didn't care lol. If I'm not invested into an individual, I just don't care. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

And I'm not cut like you haha. If I don't care for someone, I just can't buy in. I'm about to get roasted here but I can't stand Rey Mysterio and he's been involved in some great **** in his career. I never cared. 

Christian? Never cared. 
Ambrose/Moxley? Never cared.
Finn Balor? Don't care at all.
Daniel Bryan? Never cared.

Bryan arguably had the best story arc in history and I just didn't care lol. If I'm not invested into an individual, I just don't care. 

Fair enough.

I wasn't big on Bryan and actively disliked Punk but they've both won me over at certain times. I've always loved Mox but I'm annoyed he only flashes greatness instead of consistently delivering it. MJF is already that dude.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Fair enough.

I wasn't big on Bryan and actively disliked Punk but they've both won me over at certain times. I've always loved Mox but I'm annoyed he only flashes greatness instead of consistently delivering it. MJF is already that dude.

Now MJF? I ******* love MJF. You put the strap on MJF and I'm in. Same goes for my boy Eddie. Give Eddie a hardcore run as the champ and watch him shine.