Preseason game 4 recap

Silver&Black88

GAIII seemed to be the main threat on O. Don't think we'll keep him, but I hope he can do enough to last in the league.

I thought Hatcher looked pretty good.

Lewis looked handful and got another sack.

Morrow was buzzing around. Nothing special but didn't get lost.

I thought Borders looked okay for a little stretch. Couple of nice bits of coverage and then his pick but then there were 2/3 plays were he struggled which culminated in him whiffing on a tackle which gave then a 1st on the 3rd that would've killed the game.

Ward got a bit of push once or twice.

Luani's pick was nice. Didn't see him out there for long which might indicate he's done enough. You'd think so.

Just a few things I think this game sealed up - 

EJ, I believe, has won the backup job.

Reggie and the personal staff have once again done a fine job bringing in UDFAs that can help us, whether they end up making the 53 or not. Simmons, Silberman, Hatcher, Crockett, Marrow, Lewis and Borders are all guys I'd like to stick around on the 53 or PS.

The last 2 defensive roster spots are gonna be VERY hard to decide. Lewis has done enough to make the 53 IMO. But do you cut Calhoun for him or carry 5 edge rushers (Mack, Irvin Cowser Calhoun and Lewis)

Do Borders and Luani push Hamilton off the roster and on the PS? 

They both have been the most consistent players in the secondary even tho they have shown their youth at times. Neither should be cut IMO. 

But then how many ILBs do you keep?

James, Jenkins and Lee are locks. Adams and Marrow are fighting for that last spot and I think Woodson-Luster has a shot at a PS spot.

Putting injured guys on one list or another could help us past get the made rush when teams release everyone. I could see Conley, Obi or James being candidates for that even tho I hate to see it because they may have been the guys that need camp and preseason the most. 

Cook was down right terrible.  He rarely ever looked past his first receiver.  The only time I can recall him doing so was when the RB came out of the backfield.  The guy didn't even look to the left side of the field.  Breon Borders' pick was nice but came with pressure which forced the QB to throw on the run and the throw was short.  If the throw was without pressure then the WR would've had B. Borders beat in the end zone.  S. Luani's pick was pretty good, nothing to say about that one.  I saw a lot of smack talk on Facebook about the game, I don't think Seahawks fans realize that we were literally playing the bottom 45.  We had maybe 5-10 players playing that will end up on our roster at the beginning of the season.  The referees still hate us, they called a PI on great coverage.  It was ridiculous.  Kept the drive alive and was the reason why we lost.

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

Cook was down right terrible.  He rarely ever looked past his first receiver.  The only time I can recall him doing so was when the RB came out of the backfield.  The guy didn't even look to the left side of the field.  Breon Borders' pick was nice but came with pressure which forced the QB to throw on the run and the throw was short.  If the throw was without pressure then the WR would've had B. Borders beat in the end zone.  S. Luani's pick was pretty good, nothing to say about that one.  I saw a lot of smack talk on Facebook about the game, I don't think Seahawks fans realize that we were literally playing the bottom 45.  We had maybe 5-10 players playing that will end up on our roster at the beginning of the season.  The referees still hate us, they called a PI on great coverage.  It was ridiculous.  Kept the drive alive and was the reason why we lost.

Funny how people see things differently, as to me Luani's pick was easy as it was off an overthrow. Borders to me was a good play, he had underneath coverage as Croft was over the top and broke to pick it off. 

9 hours ago, Dessie said:

Funny how people see things differently, as to me Luani's pick was easy as it was off an overthrow. Borders to me was a good play, he had underneath coverage as Croft was over the top and broke to pick it off. 

It didn't really look like Borders broke coverage to pick it off though.  It looked more like he was getting beat and the QB under threw it.  I'd have to look at it again.  Honestly I'm just glad both players were able to capitalize like they should have.  There were other players in the game for the Raiders who would've gotten hit in the chest or had it bounce off the back of their helmet.

Honestly I felt both were all around good plays.  

On Borders' pick, we got pressure and Boykin underthrew it. But he undercut it because he had #37 (Cioffi?) over top.  Imo the pressure caused him to force that throw.

Borders INT

For Shalom, we got pressure on Boykin again.  This time he overthrew it. Luani was overtop and played some good ol' centerfield. Nothing wrong with that; he just did his job

Luani INT

These are the kinds of plays we want.  Pass rush and coverage shaking hands. Unfortunately it had to come against the 2nd string of Seattle's atrocious OL and Trevone Boykin, but a good play is a good play ?

8 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Honestly I felt both were all around good plays.  

On Borders' pick, we got pressure and Boykin underthrew it. But he undercut it because he had #37 (Cioffi?) over top.  Imo the pressure caused him to force that throw.

Borders INT

For Shalom, we got pressure on Boykin again.  This time he overthrew it. Luani was overtop and played some good ol' centerfield. Nothing wrong with that; he just did his job

Luani INT

These are the kinds of plays we want.  Pass rush and coverage shaking hands. Unfortunately it had to come against the 2nd string of Seattle's atrocious OL and Trevone Boykin, but a good play is a good play ?

Yup that's how I saw it, don't see how Borders was getting beat, he had good undernath coverage. He then made a good play on the ball.

Archived