2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

Offensive Tackles last year went 

11, 22, 23, 31, 35, 37, 41

This year I think there’s a possibility it can happen in a similar way. 

Burrow, Tua and Herbert should all come off the board. 

Young, Brown and Kinlaw on the DL.

Okudah and Simmons are locks IMO as well. 

Guys like Chaisson and Delpit could also make a jump depending on their tests and what happens in free agency.

Then there’s Jeudy and Lamb. 

I think we’re primed to get a guy we love. 

For what its worth... PFF did a pre-combine mock yesterday and had 8 WRs going in the 1st Round. Keep in mind we don't pick again until 48 in Round 2 so that's 15 picks to grab more WRs before we'd be able to get one. Just something to keep an eye on. I know we keep saying how deep this class is. But if it fell like this... you'd imagine guys like Justin Jefferson, KJ Hamler and Michael Pittman wouldn't make it to us at that rate. Making it to where the WR class is pretty thin for us with the "grab a couple WRs in the mid rounds philosophy"

4. NYG: Jerry Jeudy

8: Arizona: CeeDee Lamb

12. Las Vegas: Laviska Shenault

15. Denver: Henry Ruggs

22: Buffalo: Tee Hggins

24: NO: Jalen Reagor

28: Baltimore: Brandon Aiyuk

30: GB: Denzel Mims

Is what PFF had as a Mock. Not unrealistic.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:17 PM, JetsandI said:

Talked about top 4 OT being graded top 15,  DJ made his 2nd top 50 as Andrew Thomas is currently out of top 20.    If that is sticky, Jets must trade down. lol.   Well, actually, he just moved up 4 spots. No sweat.

AT can do a lot to “rehab” his stock this week. He already showed well in the weigh in, now he’ll need to ace interviews and most importantly, show off improved footwork in the drills. That seems to be the primary concern with him right now. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

For what its worth... PFF did a pre-combine mock yesterday and had 8 WRs going in the 1st Round. Keep in mind we don't pick again until 48 in Round 2 so that's 15 picks to grab more WRs before we'd be able to get one. Just something to keep an eye on. I know we keep saying how deep this class is. But if it fell like this... you'd imagine guys like Justin Jefferson, KJ Hamler and Michael Pittman wouldn't make it to us at that rate. Making it to where the WR class is pretty thin for us with the "grab a couple WRs in the mid rounds philosophy"

4. NYG: Jerry Jeudy

8: Arizona: CeeDee Lamb

12. Las Vegas: Laviska Shenault

15. Denver: Henry Ruggs

22: Buffalo: Tee Hggins

24: NO: Jalen Reagor

28: Baltimore: Brandon Aiyuk

30: GB: Denzel Mims

Is what PFF had as a Mock. Not unrealistic.

Man that’s concerning. Could def see a situation where 12 receivers go before we pick again. 

12 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Am I the only one that’s kind of a little worried about Lambs speed at the next level? I like him a lot as a WR but the more I watch him the more I can see him struggle with separation at the next level to a degree.

No.  Scouts already know that.  He is better with football in hands than without.   He is a type of WR that needs to bulk up for his exact skills.  Apparently enjoy some physical contests.

Reading reports that the Jets have been monitoring Ruggs for a long time according to Cimini and Miller. Also, Jets have met with Becton, Thomas, Wills (no word on Wirfs yet). 

Not surprised by Ruggs the least bit after listening in yesterday. Don’t think they would take him R1:P11, but I should pass along that some teams have him as the top WR on their boards. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Reading reports that the Jets have been monitoring Ruggs for a long time according to Cimini and Miller. Also, Jets have met with Becton, Thomas, Wills (no word on Wirfs yet). 

Not surprised by Ruggs the least bit after listening in yesterday. Don’t think they would take him R1:P11, but I should pass along that some teams have him as the top WR on their boards. 

Still drafting Ruggs in 1st isn't out of question.

• Like 1

Ruggs is truly an X-Factor. I think he can raise his stock to WR1 for a lot of teams after the combine.

He’s faster than Jeudy and Lamb with bigger hands than both. Runs really good routes and catches with his hands. Interested in seeing agility info.

Last WR we drafted in rd 1 was 20 years ago, Santana Moss. Outside of Jericho Cotchery and TBD with Robby Anderson, our WR drafting outside of round 1 hasn’t been kind to us.

Ruggs is a better prospect than Moss.

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Man that’s concerning. Could def see a situation where 12 receivers go before we pick again. 

You have to keep in mind that PFF throws the concept of resource allocation out the window and drafts purely based on their scoring. 

That said, I do think 6 in round 1 is realistic, and we should see another 7-9 off the board by the end of round 2. So yes, it’s entirely possible.