GDT Week 1: Giants @ Cowboys - The Return of the Zeke?

Texas_OutLaw7

7 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Can't remember the specific time of the drive but it was one where he had multiple 9-10 yard runs in a row. One of them he was going up the right side of the field near the sideline and then cut upfield where two Giants were, and he was sort of off-balance and still bowled over them for 5-6 extra yards. I don't know why (it was like a 10 yard gain) but that was one of the more impressive runs I've seen from a back. Zeke is a generational type RB.

He just has an amazing ability to see the open hole and hit it. He isn't super-fast, but he has enough speed to make guys miss and turn nothing into something. 

6 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

For everyone talking about Jaylon's speed...you can see the instant he switches gears here. So damn quick.

Worth noting, too, that that was a lateral pursuit play. For everyone saying he can only move in a straight line he sure got outside nicely on that.

Re: Zeke

there just aren't many guys that are gonna push Snacks back 3 yards on the first play of the game (watch it again, it's an impressive one) and still have the speed and agility to get the edge on an NFL defense.

Then you add in the vision and fighter ace-like spatial awareness and you have... he has a real shot to be the best RB this team has ever had... and when you look at the history of that position, that's shocking.

Oh, the hurdling ability is a nice bonus. But that brings up a truly amazing one. Go back and watch the play that got turned into the hurdling Goodell GIF -- the number of guys that can make that hurdle is small, but there are probably several guys in the NFL athletic enough to do it. But I bet you Zeke is the only person that lands on balance enough to smack the guy he hits into next week before both feet have even hit the ground. That play may be the most amazing display of power and balance I have ever seen.

44 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Am I a homer for saying Sean Lee is no worse than the 3rd best LB in the NFL?

I'm not counting Miller or Mack as they can be either a LB or DE. But taking those out, I really think only Keuchly is better than Lee. Bobby Wagner is the other LB that comes to mind.

Lee is in that league, yes. If Jaylon gets there, this pass defense is going to be freaking amazing.

3 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Am I a homer for saying Sean Lee is no worse than the 3rd best LB in the NFL?

I'm not counting Miller or Mack as they can be either a LB or DE. But taking those out, I really think only Keuchly is better than Lee. Bobby Wagner is the other LB that comes to mind.

Wagner is a better lane stuffer/sideline to sideline hunter. Kuechley may be the only LB with cover skills that might best Lee's. 

But neither does everything at that elite level like Lee. 

Lee, for my money, is the best pure LBer in the NFL. Coverage like a safety, hunts the ball like a SAM, Plugs gaps like a Mike, and just all around does everything at a tip tier level. If he stays healthy this guy could easily find a few accolade trophies in his cabinet before he decides to hang them up.

Archived