2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

From the Laker Film Room's Free Agency Preview podcast episode:

Darius: "Would you pay Kemba Walker the max?"

Pete: "I would not....... I've soured on him a little bit after watching some tape and you know... who knows how much value to put on round numbers and what not, but the age of 30 is not terribly kind... 30 and afterward.... to guys his size. He comes with issues on the defensive end from a perspective of just not being big enough to do certain things like switch. He seems like a guy that would get picked on in the playoffs. I'm a little scared off from paying a guy his size that much money at his age. How about you?

Darius: Kemba is in my category saying... "Not the max... but they'll get the max.... so I'm good unless they come at a cheaper price", so I would not pay Kemba the max, but if he were to take less than max. I won't say significantly less, but less. I would be very much open to a conversation with Kemba at that point.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Indy corners the market on nice players that are paid a fair amount, and it’s been working for them, but I kinda hate the Rubio fit there. I really just don’t like Rubio on good teams lol 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I will be pissed at the bucks if they don’t match on Brogdon. Go into the tax. You have Giannis 

Right? Go for it with this beast in his prime. But I think they lose one of their three big free agents. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right? Go for it with this beast in his prime. But I think they lose one of their three big free agents. 

Yeah, we’ll see. I’d pay over 20m for Brogdon. Can fit great on almost any team. Good shooter. He’s like Beverly but not wildly overrated bc he makes a show out of trying hard 

• Like 1

"Despite the Kings' significant interest in Al Horford and plans to make a massive offer, a source tells @TheAthletic that they are under the impression he's likely heading elsewhere."

"There are some league executives that believe the "mystery team" for Al Horford is...the Boston Celtics.

But keeping Horford's rights would require a number of complicated maneuvers, including a double sign-and-trade involving Kemba Walker and Terry Rozier. It wouldn't be easy."

Edited by chiefs82

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah, we’ll see. I’d pay over 20m for Brogdon. Can fit great on almost any team. Good shooter. He’s like Beverly but not wildly overrated bc he makes a show out of trying hard 

We definitely agree that try hards are the worst types people in this world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

"Despite the Kings' significant interest in Al Horford and plans to make a massive offer, a source tells @TheAthletic that they are under the impression he's likely heading elsewhere."

"There are some league executives that believe the "mystery team" for Al Horford is...the Boston Celtics.

But keeping Horford's rights would require a number of complicated maneuvers, including a double sign-and-trade involving Kemba Walker and Terry Rozier. It wouldn't be easy."

yeah thats not happening lol