2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, 49er pride said:

Rob does deserve some credit though along with the blame. Did he screw up by not knowing the trade cap deadlines, yes. Did he fix it, yes. Is he terrible, yes. But he has done some good things. 

But keep dodging! 

The entire argument stemmed from people giving him credit for Lebron. Thanks for taking my side, its much appreciated.

The Clippers are probably out of the picture right now.

IF they were able to get another Super Star there, then I think Kawhi would have considered them, but they struck out on that front. Everyone is overthinking this all. For most players it's not about the front office, or history, or tradition, or any of that s***. It's all about how good the team is that they'd be going to and whether they can play with players they think give them the best shot to win. And for some players, location also factors in. 

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Stretching Luol Deng was one of the worst moves Pelinka has made lmao. The Mozgov deal isn't on him, but having to package D-Lo to get rid of it? OOF. Why would I give Pelinka credit for sitting on his thumbs and watching Lebron walk into town?

First off, we have a second max FA right?  If stretching Luol Deng was one of the worst moves he's ever made then that's a pretty bad argument.  Could we have waited an extra year?  Sure.  And how do you think you're going to dump Timofey Mozgov's contract?  The Lakers dealt a talented, but troubled guard in D'Angelo Russell.  D'Angelo Russell wasn't going to turn into what he was in Brooklyn with the Lakers.  The fact is that if the Lakers didn't use D'Angelo Russell to dump Timofey Mozgov, they wouldn't have LeBron James.  Fact.  And you're sitting here discrediting because you're not looking at this objectively.  The Lakers were in cap hell, and Pelinka and Magic got them out of it with LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and $32M in cap space.  Dude, give credit where it's due.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Which is my point. He wanted to be in LA. It had nothing to do with the Lakers front office.

I think it also comes down to LeBron being there with the possibility to have another super star there. NBA players are like gravitational forces. Bigger stars have bigger pull, towards one another and towards supporting role players. 

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don't think he would've cared who else was on the roster. He wanted to be in LA, plain and simple. Continue giving Pelinka credit for the job a monkey could've done though. Watch out, Woj is out to get you guys!

Then why not go to the Clippers?  They're in Los Angeles, and at the time they had the cleaner roster?  You've literally sat here and discredited EVERY move Pelinka has made because you're biased.  Woj doesn't hate the Lakers, but you clearly do.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

First off, we have a second max FA right?  If stretching Luol Deng was one of the worst moves he's ever made then that's a pretty bad argument.  Could we have waited an extra year?  Sure.  And how do you think you're going to dump Timofey Mozgov's contract?  The Lakers dealt a talented, but troubled guard in D'Angelo Russell.  D'Angelo Russell wasn't going to turn into what he was in Brooklyn with the Lakers.  The fact is that if the Lakers didn't use D'Angelo Russell to dump Timofey Mozgov, they wouldn't have LeBron James.  Fact.  And you're sitting here discrediting because you're not looking at this objectively.  The Lakers were in cap hell, and Pelinka and Magic got them out of it with LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and $32M in cap space.  Dude, give credit where it's due.

Why am I going to give Pelinka credit for signing Lebron who wanted to be there regardless of who was GM and AD demanding a trade there? How does Rob deserve any credit for those moves!?

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I'm not trolling. Pelinka hasn't done anything to deserve praise. He sat on his thumbs and let Lebron walk through the front door. Wow, very impressive.

Are you going to ignore the fact that he had two of the worst contracts in the NBA on his books when he took over?  Or we just going to magically pretend like that didn't happen.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Are you going to ignore the fact that he had two of the worst contracts in the NBA on his books when he took over?  Or we just going to magically pretend like that didn't happen.

And he made a terrible decision to stretch one of them and dumped D-Lo to get rid of the other instead of just being patient.

Wow, bang up job Rob. GMOTY IMO.

13 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don't think he would've cared who else was on the roster. He wanted to be in LA, plain and simple. Continue giving Pelinka credit for the job a monkey could've done though. Watch out, Woj is out to get you guys!

Ya know.....you've now said you could have pulled off all the trades Pelinka or the Laker FO has done - and now you say a monkey could do it - which begs the question: why havent you made a career change? If its as simple as you say......your office and desk awaits you.

Archived