2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Man, I don't know what to tell you other than Rondo was cheeks defensively last year. He's just not good. If you want to say he's a good mentor and would be good for AD since he's played with him? Fine I guess, but defending his defense? Nah, that's not it. 

I'm not saying he's an amazing defender, but he's not as horrible as yall are making him out to be. Yeah he made some visibly bad plays at times last year, but he still had a. 5 DBPM and 1.5 DWS. Compare that to the rest of the horrendous Lakers, or even Caruso in particular who put up 0 and .6, respectively. Just cause Rondo had more nationally televised poor plays doesn't mean he was actually a worse defender. 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hold up, so Presti offered PG and Westbrook to the Raptors? Basically tried to leverage the Raptors and Clippers against each other? If Raptors pull off getting Westbrook and PG, what does Kawhi do then? Re-sign or go with the Lakers? Guessing latter. 

We have no idea and if he doesn’t that kinda effs the raptors and we are OKC East or something. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

We have no idea and if he doesn’t that kinda effs the raptors and we are OKC East or something. 

Seems like it would have only happened if Kawhi agreed to re-sign. Bruh, that luxury tax though if that trade went down!!!! 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Seems like it would have only happened if Kawhi agreed to re-sign. Bruh, that luxury tax though if that trade went down!!!! 

Yea I mean if he was gonna stay then you think about it for sure. Lowry, Serge, Pascal (maybe someone else FVV or OG?) gone and PG and Westbrook in maybe Green is back as well but who knows. 

Major downside but major upside I probably would have talked myself into it as long as it meant Kawhi was staying. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Even if Kawhi left - I think your supporting cast around PG and RWB would be better than OKCs.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I'm not saying he's an amazing defender, but he's not as horrible as yall are making him out to be. Yeah he made some visibly bad plays at times last year, but he still had a. 5 DBPM and 1.5 DWS. Compare that to the rest of the horrendous Lakers, or even Caruso in particular who put up 0 and .6, respectively. Just cause Rondo had more nationally televised poor plays doesn't mean he was actually a worse defender. 

He also had a +/- of -9.4. Caruso was +6.8. Rondo sucks.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

You're also not taking into consideration of the type of gambles he makes defensively and how he hurts the rest of the defense. Up until the second to last week of the season, the Lakers were worst defensively with guess who on the court? Yes, you guessed it Rondo. From ANY player on the team, they had the worst defensive rating when Rondo was on the floor. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

Yea I mean if he was gonna stay then you think about it for sure. Lowry, Serge, Pascal (maybe someone else FVV or OG?) gone and PG and Westbrook in maybe Green is back as well but who knows. 

Major downside but major upside I probably would have talked myself into it as long as it meant Kawhi was staying. 

No brainer if it meant Kawhi re-signing. And you guys would have had the best duo in the East in Kawhi and PG and would be the favorites to get to the finals. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Even if Kawhi left - I think your supporting cast around PG and RWB would be better than OKCs.

It could have been okay I guess but I don’t really believe it would have won. Idk I don’t feel like doing revisionist history. It would suck to lose Pascal and it would be a crappy send off for Lowry but he’d presumably be dealt at some point. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No brainer if it meant Kawhi re-signing. And you guys would have had the best duo in the East in Kawhi and PG and would be the favorites to get to the finals. 

I guess so but I still don’t know and am opting out of this revisionist history for now. 

However I guess we can play the would this offer have trumped the Clippers offer? I think he may have but they did give up a ton. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

It could have been okay I guess but I don’t really believe it would have won. Idk I don’t feel like doing revisionist history. It would suck to lose Pascal and it would be a crappy send off for Lowry but he’d presumably be dealt at some point. 

Understood and agree. It's all theoretical mumbo-jumbo at this point.

Archived