2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

They absolutely would have because the defense and head coach are so good...

Yet had more help offensively and both missed the playoffs. Either way Mitchell has shown more through 2 years than almost any other player in the league. He won't have to play hero ball anymore with our roster reconstruction. We'll just see what happens this year, hopefully the Lakers can stay healthy and make the playoffs. 

Just now, 49er pride said:

What happened when Harden  and co locked him up doe

It's difficult to win without any other scoring options around you. Which is why AD and LeBron went a combined 53-58 last season when they were on the court and forced the Lakers to gut their roster so they could play together? 

40 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Durant isn't an alpha, or at least he hasn't up until this point in his career.

I had the same thought when I read @showtime comment. I mean, by his size and the quality of his play - he stands out - but his demeanor and confidence? Gives me pause to think.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

I mean Cris Carter said that Kawhi was not  in favour of joining a super team with the Lakers, so who’s to say that had clippers not gotten that other star that he’d went to Lakers? May very well have stayed in Toronto.

Cris Carter was just guessing and said that he was signing with the Raptors one night, the Lakers the next morning, and swore he was getting this info directly from Kawhi's camp. Hell he even said Kawhi wasn't making a decision yesterday and then he announced late last night. 

Didn't the Clippers draft Kabengele too? He won't play much this year but, man, that's another great pick by them. 

Beverley | ??? (Lin?)
Shamet | Williams | Robinson | Thornwell
Leonard | Harkless | McGruder
George | Green (assuming they bring him back)
Harrell | Zubac | Kabengele

Really like that team, man. Really, really good team.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I said through 2 years he has proven more than most of the "stars" in the league had proven through 2 years.

But that doesn't mean anything to the original argument that Mitchell matches up next season with current NBA superstars.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Do you lack reading comprehension? Dear god. 

On that point only by you, yes I miscomprehended what you were trying to say. Clearly your sarcasm isn't necessary though, since I've been able to discuss this with you at length and even agreed on certain occasions. You have made some contradicting points however which have seemed to imply a lot more than just Mitchell being on track to greatness and instead suggestive that he already is there which is completely untrue.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Didn't the Clippers draft Kabengele too? He won't play much this year but, man, that's another great pick by them. 

Beverley | ??? (Lin?)
Shamet | Williams | Robinson | Thornwell
Leonard | Harkless | McGruder
George | Green (assuming they bring him back)
Harrell | Zubac | Kabengele

Really like that team, man. Really, really good team.

Kabengele is going to be a very solid player. I love him as a 4/5 with their group, excellent defender and he can stretch the floor. 

Just now, DoleINGout said:

But that doesn't mean anything to the original argument that Mitchell matches up next season with current NBA superstars.

On that point only by you, yes I miscomprehended what you were trying to say. Clearly your sarcasm isn't necessary though, since I've been able to discuss this with you at length and even agreed on certain occasions. You have made some contradicting points however which have seemed to imply a lot more than just Mitchell being on track to greatness and instead suggestive that he already is there which is completely untrue.

He played at a superstar level the second half of the season when he was healthy. As I've said it's almost impossible to win with only one real offensive threat like Utah had last season. And if you're going to debate that then why weren't LeBron or AD able to win in the West last season? And why did they force the Lakers to gut their roster so they could play together? 

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Inefficient? His TS% was 57%.

If you watched the Celtics, Morris was a momentum killing ball-hog on offense. Stevens liberally lets everyone shoot their brains out until they eventually get a streak going. It worked more often for Morris than it did for Marcus Smart, I'll say that...

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Kabengele is going to be a very solid player. I love him as a 4/5 with their group, excellent defender and he can stretch the floor. 

If we kept pick 30, he was the guy I wanted the most. Never thought he'd fall there but he was definitely #1 on my board for that pick. He's a guy that knows his role, embraces it, and thrives. Wouldn't surprise me if he gives them a solid 8-10 minutes a night without being a negative.

Just now, beekay414 said:

If we kept pick 30, he was the guy I wanted the most. Never thought he'd fall there but he was definitely #1 on my board for that pick. He's a guy that knows his role, embraces it, and thrives. Wouldn't surprise me if he gives them a solid 8-10 minutes a night without being a negative.

All the Clippers have to do is sign Lin or Burke and they're going to be crazy good and deep.

33 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think LeBron and Davis is slightly a better duo than Kawhi and George.  The rest of the Clippers team is better, though.  To me, the biggest wildcard piece is DeMarcus Cousins.  He came back from his Achilles injury last season.  Now, he'll have a full off-season, camp, etc and will get to play all year.  If he's closer to being back to the player he once was, that could really swing the balance to the Lakers side. Either way, it's really close to call right now. 

I agree....and hoping for the best.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cris Carter was just guessing and said that he was signing with the Raptors one night, the Lakers the next morning, and swore he was getting this info directly from Kawhi's camp. Hell he even said Kawhi wasn't making a decision yesterday and then he announced late last night. 

Cris Carter never led to one direction or another. He always stressed that Kawhi hasn’t made a decision yet and any of these reports that you see are not to be trusted.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Cris Carter never led to one direction or another. He always stressed that Kawhi hasn’t made a decision yet and any of these reports that you see are not to be trusted.

But hinted on FS1 that he was leaning towards returning to Toronto and then hinted that he was leaning towards signing with the Lakers. And then said he wasn't making a decision yesterday. And also said that he had an in with Kawhi's camp because they liked his reporting style but he was just guessing the entire time. 

Archived