2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Best young player?  No.  Just stop.

The only young player in the league to lead his team to the playoffs his first two seasons as the leading scorer. I know FF thinks all of these random advanced stats matter but the only stat that matters is wins and losses. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The only young player in the league to lead his team to the playoffs his first two seasons as the leading scorer. I know FF thinks all of these random advanced stats matter but the only stat that matters is wins and losses. 

You're literally taking an insanely small sample size to justify your argument.  It's these mental gymnastics which is why everyone is "hating" on the Jazz.  It's literally an insane argument to make.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Utah not being a contender is nonsense. We're easily a top 5 team heading into next season. 

I'm talking about the best young player take. I think everyone agrees Utah is a contender.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Utah not being a contender is nonsense. We're easily a top 5 team heading into next season. 

NOBODY is saying Utah isn't a contender.  It's the "favorite" label you've thrown on them that nobody agrees with.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You're literally taking an insanely small sample size to justify your argument.  It's these mental gymnastics which is why everyone is "hating" on the Jazz.  It's literally an insane argument to make.

It's a 2 year sample size of him actually leading a good team to 50+ wins and the playoffs. There's no other player in the league that has done that. So if winning and losing is what's most important and he's the only young player leading a winning team, how is he not the best young player in the league? Would putting up empty stats on a losing team make him better? 

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm talking about the best young player take. I think everyone agrees Utah is a contender.

The only player in the league to lead a 50+ win team in scoring during his first two seasons in the league. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's a 2 year sample size of him actually leading a good team to 50+ wins and the playoffs. There's no other player in the league that has done that. So if winning and losing is what's most important and he's the only young player leading a winning team, how is he not the best young player in the league? Would putting up empty stats on a losing team make him better? 

You literally made this the most obscure argument ever to make your argument "legitimate".  Would you take him over Giannis?  Nikola Jokic?  KAT?  Anthony Davis?  Luka Doncic? I mean, all those guys are 25 years old or younger.  Are you really taking Donovan Mitchell over those guys?  No.   So you're essentially using an obscure stipulations to inflate your argument.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only player in the league to lead a 50+ win team in scoring during his first two seasons in the league. 

He didn't lead anything. He's not the best player on that team. What a dumb argument. He's not even close to the best young layer in the NBA.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

NOBODY is saying Utah isn't a contender.  It's the "favorite" label you've thrown on them that nobody agrees with.

Utah hasnt been a favorite since Karl and John decided to hang em up......and even then.....

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You literally made this the most obscure argument ever to make your argument "legitimate".  Would you take him over Giannis?  Nikola Jokic?  KAT?  Anthony Davis?  Luka Doncic? I mean, all those guys are 25 years old or younger.  Are you really taking Donovan Mitchell over those guys?  No.   So you're essentially using an obscure stipulations to inflate your argument.

I'm definitely taking Mitchell over KAT and Doncic. The other 3 I will give you but they've also all been in the league a lot longer than Mitchell and none of them did what he has during his first two seasons. I mean AD only made the playoffs 2 times in 7 years and has never been the best player on a 50 win team. He could learn something from Spida. 

Edited by NYRaider