2019 NBA Mock Draft Thread

resilient part 2

11 minutes ago, Utley said:

Kennard was a bad prospect. Herro is a low-end first. Herro is better but that doesn't make him good.

He was a bad prospect but went #12 in a good draft yet Herro is a mid-to-late first round pick in one of the weakest classes ever? How does that make any sense at all? Kennard as a prospect was coming off of an All-American season where he was the focal point of the offense and a better scorer than Jayson Tatum. Hindsight is 20-20, as a prospect, Kennard was definitely better and would be a lottery pick if he was in this years class as well. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He was a bad prospect but went #12 in a good draft yet Herro is a mid-to-late first round pick in one of the weakest classes ever? How does that make any sense at all? Kennard as a prospect was coming off of an All-American season where he was the focal point of the offense and a better scorer than Jayson Tatum. Hindsight is 20-20, as a prospect, Kennard was definitely better and would be a lottery pick if he was in this years class as well. 

He went in the lottery because of the Pistons.

Just now, Utley said:

He went in the lottery because of the Pistons.

"One of the most skilled guards in the draft, Kennard exploded as a sophomore, averaging 19.5 points per game in the ACC, while proving his value playing both on and off the ball. A versatile shot maker who's not afraid of the moment, Kennard is best suited in a system where he's not going to be stuck in the corner waiting for catch and shoot opportunities, but rather running off screens (thanks to his ability to make catch and shoot jumpers, pull-ups, floaters and utilize his vision off of in-downs) and playing out of second side pick and roll, functioning more as a combo guard. He's proven that he can make quick decisions on the move and navigate a ball screen, so landing in a spot with a creative offense, where his versatility is welcomed, will be best for Kennard's maximum productivity. On the other side of the ball, he's not the toughest defender, so having a couple stoppers next to him with a rim protector behind him is a necessity. Like Mitchell, Kennard is getting looks as high as #8 from New York, and is likely to come off the board somewhere in the 11-16 range as he has obvious suitors in Charlotte, Detroit, Miami and Chicago.  "

This was from Mike Schmitz of Draft Express, the company that ESPN just hired to create their NBA draft content, and one of the best media evaluators in the business. But yeah, he was a terrible prospect and worse than Herro, lmao. Why aren't you working for a major publication since you're apparently a better evaluator than the Draft Express guys?

On 5/15/2019 at 2:19 AM, beekay414 said:

1. New Orleans Pelicans - Zion Williamson | F | Duke
2. Memphis Grizzlies - Ja Morant | PG | Murray State
3. New York Knicks - RJ Barrett | GF | Duke 
4. Los Angeles Lakers - Coby White | PG | North Carolina
5. Cleveland Cavaliers - Jarrett Culver | SG | Texas Tech
6. Phoenix Suns - Darius Garland | PG | Vanderbilt
7. Chicago Bulls - De'Andre Hunter | SF | Virginia
8. Atlanta Hawks - Bol Bol | C | Oregon
9. Washington Wizards - Rui Hachimura | F | Gonzaga
10. Atlanta Hawks - Sekou Doumbouya | F | Limoges CSP
11. Minnesota Timberwolves - Cam Reddish | SG | Duke

How is White without the ball in his hands?  If he's good then it could be a solid fit next to LeBron.  Is this also assuming the Lakers trade Lonzo, or would they play both White and 'Zo at the same time?  Finally, why don't you have Reddish going in the top 10?  Is it because the teams in the bottom half of the top 10 don't need a SG or is it because you don't feel he's a top 10 prospect.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

How is White without the ball in his hands?  If he's good then it could be a solid fit next to LeBron.  Is this also assuming the Lakers trade Lonzo, or would they play both White and 'Zo at the same time?  Finally, why don't you have Reddish going in the top 10?  Is it because the teams in the bottom half of the top 10 don't need a SG or is it because you don't feel he's a top 10 prospect.

Reddish will go top 10, guaranteed. He's been killing it in his workouts, could see him going as high as #4. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reddish will go top 10, guaranteed. He's been killing it in his workouts, could see him going as high as #4. 

I remember I made a comment about him saying I didn't understand his hype over a month ago.  I've seen some of his workouts and it's intriguing.  I'm starting to like his ability and potential a lot.  If the Lakers took him, though.... he seems like a great fit with LeBron, but with Kuzma and Ingram do you think they're too stacked on the wings?  Or would it not be that big of a problem.  I'm assuming Reddish can play SG and SF if needed?

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This was from Mike Schmitz of Draft Express, the company that ESPN just hired to create their NBA draft content, and one of the best media evaluators in the business. But yeah, he was a terrible prospect and worse than Herro, lmao. Why aren't you working for a major publication since you're apparently a better evaluator than the Draft Express guys?

Because I work for a team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

I remember I made a comment about him saying I didn't understand his hype over a month ago.  I've seen some of his workouts and it's intriguing.  I'm starting to like his ability and potential a lot.  If the Lakers took him, though.... he seems like a great fit with LeBron, but with Kuzma and Ingram do you think they're too stacked on the wings?  Or would it not be that big of a problem.  I'm assuming Reddish can play SG and SF if needed?

He's definitely an intriguing prospect despite playing pretty damn poor last season. He had a ton of issues last season at Duke, he dealt with a groin injury, a rib injury, and had the flu toward the end of the season. He can definitely play SG/SF if needed and hell maybe even some PG in time, the one thing that I really liked about Reddish last season was that even though his offensive game wasn't really there he always played extremely hard on defense. If you're looking at it from an upside only standpoint, he has a higher ceiling than guys like Jarrett Culver, Coby White, Darius Garland, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Utley said:

Don't you work for a CFL team or some random small league? Either way Kennard > Herro as a prospect. Kennard was always projected to go in the 8-16 range in a pretty good class. Herro is a 20-30 range guy in one of the worst draft classes in recent history. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Don't you work for a CFL team or some random small league? Either way Kennard > Herro as a prospect. Kennard was always projected to go in the 8-16 range in a pretty good class. Herro is a 20-30 range guy in one of the worst draft classes in recent history. 

Is the NBA a small league?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Utley said:

ok, is there any free websites that show college bball players c&s #s and pullup numbers?

people that write about prospects always have them and I have no idea where they get them. I think synergy has them but I believe you have to pay.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

ok, is there any free websites that show college bball players c&s #s and pullup numbers?

people that write about prospects always have them and I have no idea where they get them. I think synergy has them but I believe you have to pay.

Synergy is the only one I'm aware of