2019 NBA Mock Draft Thread

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Let's not forget that Redick couldn't even get on the court consistently until he was 25, his 4th year in the league and didn't break 10 PPG until he was 26. 

Herro's 19. He's a better prospect than Redick was and won't be a sieve on defense like Redick was. 

Herro is going to get toasted defensively early in his career and will be a worse version of Luke Kennard.

58 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No **** lol. Herro hasn't played a minute of NBA ball. We're not talking about current JJ Redick, we're talking about prospect JJ Redick. 

Herro is a far better prospect than Redick was. He's a stud on defense, he can score at multiple levels, unlike JJ, and he is comfortable with the ball in his hands, unlike Redick. They aren't even remotely similar. 

I had to do a double take, did you just call Herro a stud on defense?

Edited by resilient part 2

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Herro is a far better prospect than Redick was. He's a stud on defense, he can score at multiple levels, unlike JJ, and he is comfortable with the ball in his hands, unlike Redick. They aren't even remotely similar. 

Did we watch the same guy? Stud on defense? He was an average defender in college and will be a below average defender in the league. He's a 6'4" two guard with a 6'3" wingspan and meh footspeed, not sure that translates to stud defender. He's a good but not great shooter and will likely struggle to create his own offense in the league, just like JJ but at least JJ was an elite shooter coming into the league. 

Herro was scared to workout at the combine because he knew his numbers would be terrible. The majority of his numbers from the UK Pro Day before the season would've ranked near the bottom at the draft combine, his athletic testing was similar to Naz Reid who's like 6 inches taller and 70 pounds heavier. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

No **** lol. Herro hasn't played a minute of NBA ball. We're not talking about current JJ Redick, we're talking about prospect JJ Redick. 

Stud on defense?

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's not anywhere near the level of shooter that Kennard or Reddick were coming out of college. Doesn't really create for others and will get abused on defense. 

Yeah, you couldn't be more wrong. He may not be a one dimensional shooter like those two but he's got a more polished game than both. He's nowhere near bad on defense. You literally couldn't be any more wrong about his defensive ability. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, you couldn't be more wrong. He may not be a one dimensional shooter like those two but he's got a more polished game than both. He's nowhere near bad on defense. You literally couldn't be any more wrong about his defensive ability. 

I have no idea how you think he's a good defender. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Did we watch the same guy? Stud on defense? He was an average defender in college and will be a below average defender in the league. He's a 6'4" two guard with a 6'3" wingspan and meh footspeed, not sure that translates to stud defender. He's a good but not great shooter and will likely struggle to create his own offense in the league, just like JJ but at least JJ was an elite shooter coming into the league. 

Herro was scared to workout at the combine because he knew his numbers would be terrible. The majority of his numbers from the UK Pro Day before the season would've ranked near the bottom at the draft combine, his athletic testing was similar to Naz Reid who's like 6 inches taller and 70 pounds heavier. 

Read any report on him by anyone who watched him consistently. He was assigment sure and played very well within the system. He's not a standout athlete but that doesn't mean anything. He's a high effort high motor type on the defensive end. 

Herro made 1.6 3P's per game at a 35% clip, Kennard made 2.4 3P's per game at a 44% clip, and Redick made 4.0 3P's per game at a 42% clip. But Herro is a better shooter than both of those guys? Give me a break. 

He was okay on defense but a stud? Um, no. Dude is a below average athlete, super small for the position, and has terrible length. Not sure how many stud defenders in the league have T-Rex arms and below average athleticism, enlighten me. 

You have a hard-on for him because he's from Wisconsin, if he was from Illinois you'd say he's a fringe first-round prospect. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Read any report on him by anyone who watched him consistently. He was assigment sure and played very well within the system. He's not a standout athlete but that doesn't mean anything. He's a high effort high motor type on the defensive end. 

He can't hang athletically and will get targeted in the playoffs. He's a below average defender who puts in a ton of effort that occasionally allows him to masquerade as an average one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's one of the worst athletes in the draft this year and is 6'4" with a 6'3.5" wingspan bruh, he's not going to be a stud defender in the NBA.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Herro made 1.6 3P's per game at a 35% clip, Kennard made 2.4 3P's per game at a 44% clip, and Redick made 4.0 3P's per game at a 42% clip. But Herro is a better shooter than both of those guys? Give me a break. 

He was okay on defense but a stud? Um, no. Dude is a below average athlete, super small for the position, and has terrible length. Not sure how many stud defenders in the league have T-Rex arms and below average athleticism, enlighten me. 

You have a hard-on for him because he's from Wisconsin, if he was from Illinois you'd say he's a fringe first-round prospect. 

Do you ever actually read what's written? Never said he was a better shooter than they were. Literally, go back and look and show me where I ever said it. Go on. 

It has nothing to do with where he's from lmao. I'm not out here pounding my chest for Jalen Johnson, Patrick Baldwin or Michael Foster. FFS, you guys are ridiculous. 

Also lol @beekay414 saying that Herro has a more polished game than Luke Kennard coming out of college. Kennard was an absolute bucket getter during his last season at Duke and was able to go from non-prospect to lottery pick because he outplayed Jayson Tatum throughout the year. 

Do you ever actually read what's written? Never said he was a better shooter than they were. Literally, go back and look and show me where I ever said it. Go on. 

It has nothing to do with where he's from lmao. I'm not out here pounding my chest for Jalen Johnson, Patrick Baldwin or Michael Foster. FFS, you guys are ridiculous. 

You call Kennard a one-dimensional shooter? He was an All-American during his final year at Duke and one of the most advanced scorers in college basketball, that's why he went in the lottery during a better class than this years. Kennard's offensive game coming out of Duke was light years ahead of where Herro is now.