Jaime Collins Reunion? (Signed to 1 yr deal)

Pats might bring him back. Surprised he hadn't signed with anyone yet. He isn't that bad now, is he? 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/15/report-patriots-talking-to-jamie-collins-about-return/

Edit: Signed 1yr deal worth upto $5 million with incentives (base of $1.05 million). Only $250,000 guaranteed. 

Edited by PatriotsWin!

I still want to know the REAL reason he was let go. There are likely stories (like he was asking for too much, or he cowboy'd the D) but I'd like to know exactly why. Bill's book, if he releases one, will be blockbuster.

I wouldn't get him back, no. There's a reason we let him go, and there's a reason Browns don't want him. Whatever that is....

Depth helps but not a fan. Rather see Christian Sam develop with those snaps as well as JaWhaun Bentley. Maybe it's for more of a down lineman pass rush role which I am fine with. Deatrich Wise is injured/recovering slowly it appears while John Simon is your only known commodity/reliable substitute at defensive end. Derek Rivers needs to earn a spot on the team and stay healthy and Chase Winovich is a rookie who everyone hopes/expects to adjust quickly. If Collins isn't cutting it then they can cut him to active an injured guy like Demaryius Thomas or if Josh Gordon comes off suspension.

I don't know how to feel about this. He never seemed so passionate about the game, but his athletic ability compensated for his motivational/mental shortcomings. I hope he puts it together this time, I really liked him as a draft pick.

I am really happy for another reason. 

He was breaking out when I saw the Pats play Washington in 2015 so I bought his jersey in the Gillette stadium store when I went to visit the Hof earlier in the trip. I thought he would be a leader of the defence for years. That didn't last long. Now there's a chance I can get some more use out of it. 

I still should have bought a Brady or Edelman jersey at the time. I might go for Winowich or Harry and hope I'm luckier this time. :D

8 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

I am really happy for another reason. 

He was breaking out when I saw the Pats play Washington in 2015 so I bought his jersey in the Gillette stadium store when I went to visit the Hof earlier in the trip. I thought he would be a leader of the defence for years. That didn't last long. Now there's a chance I can get some more use out of it. 

I still should have bought a Brady or Edelman jersey at the time. I might go for Winowich or Harry and hope I'm luckier this time. :D

What about Andrews to stick with the Scottish theme?

On 5/16/2019 at 7:39 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

What about Andrews to stick with the Scottish theme?

True. He also has the best body on the team. Can't find that topless celebration photo but yeah - pure athleticism. Aaron who?

Edited by scottishpatriot
  • Like 1