Marvel Mafia - The game is over, the Sinister Six have conquered Earth!

rackcs

Just now, Dome said:

*take a deep breath and try to ignore the fact that this is coming from a guy who didn't know what a hybrid hammer was*

And in this game I've been playing for years I've seen the terms throwing shade or casting shade used exclusively to describe what's happening when a scum is trying to make a civ look bad. I've literally never seen anyone in mafia use those terms in any other way. So if you understand that you should understand why it stood out to me.

I think it's possible you were trying to explain/apologize as if you were a civ that felt bad for the fuss as you backed off your read, but accidentally admitted to what you were actually doing. 

Hybrid Hammer had been used in 2 games EVER on this site before that game. I played in neither. So get your facts straight.

Secondly, I dont really give a damn on how you think the word shade should be used. But just for giggles I searched that term and there are at least a dozen times that has been in used in mafia for all sorts of purposes.

So not only are you ill informed, you are a liar. 

Good day sir

@Matts4313 i see some notable omissions from that list, which is expected. But that makes me nervous about all the potential fake claims there will be.

If there's a strong fake claim, that person might be eager to get that out there. Which honestly has nothing to do with my read on you as you'd do that either way but it is funny given the context.

I think we need to look out for people who are dropping hints about their character early.

People should claim abilities before characters IMO

Does anyone disagree with that?

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't really see the reasoning to get on Matts for be a catalyst for discussion on D1.  His reasons do not have to mesh with your reasons.  

He is exposed non-town if you are doing a read up

1 minute ago, Utley said:

Damnit. I want in as a replacement. 

We need a replacement. PM the host. And you are replacing an eagles fan as well!

1 minute ago, Dome said:

@Matts4313 i see some notable omissions from that list, which is expected. But that makes me nervous about all the potential fake claims there will be.

If there's a strong fake claim, that person might be eager to get that out there. Which honestly has nothing to do with my read on you as you'd do that either way but it is funny given the context.

I think we need to look out for people who are dropping hints about their character early.

There are a number of glaring omissions.  And knowing rack, I could see him holding some top roles for counter claims.  IMO, role claims mean very little right now, as I said earlier.  

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

Then civ names dont really matter - I assume he has Wolverine instead of someone like Winter Solider. 

But the point was the ratio. I was just trying to see what people who know the host would assume as a ratio. 

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

There are a number of glaring omissions.  And knowing rack, I could see him holding some top roles for counter claims.  IMO, role claims mean very little right now, as I said earlier.  

@Dome

As I said, not really worried about names. Would 15-6-3 be a reasonable ratio? 

Curious if the omissions are good or bad guys? I think the bad guys are right. the "big 3" from the avenger movies, and I copied the S.Six straight from google

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Then civ names dont really matter - I assume he has Wolverine instead of someone like Winter Solider. 

But the point was the ratio. I was just trying to see what people who know the host would assume as a ratio. 

Ok, I know rack as well as any WF guy would know him.  My answer is...maybe??  Could be?  I guess?

I could see that being right.  Could see it being wrong.  There is literally no way to know unless you want to assume that there are 5 members of the Sinister Six left.  And focusing on it seems like a waste of time right now.  What good will it do to speculate?

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Hybrid Hammer had been used in 2 games EVER on this site before that game. I played in neither. So get your facts straight.

The term, maybe. The concept has been used in tons of games. I've played in all of those games that apparently didn't use the term and I knew what it meant, same with everyone else who knew what it meant. 

And you've played the game even more years than many of us. :)

But moving on, now that the facts are straight.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Secondly, I dont really give a damn on how you think the word shade should be used. But just for giggles I searched that term and there are at least a dozen times that has been in used in mafia for all sorts of purposes.

So not only are you ill informed, you are a liar. 

Not good enough. I just searched it too. Every time on the first page, it was used in the exact way I expected it to be. It's always used to accuse someone of trying to make a civ look bad. I don't recall a single time someone admitted THEY were just "throwing shade."

Can you find me a time someone wasn't using that term with a negative connotation? 

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Ok, I know rack as well as any WF guy would know him.  My answer is...maybe??  Could be?  I guess?

I could see that being right.  Could see it being wrong.  There is literally no way to know unless you want to assume that there are 5 members of the Sinister Six left.  And focusing on it seems like a waste of time right now.  What good will it do to speculate?

Probably no good. Its more just conversation to frame what we think the ratio as as the game progresses. If we are getting near lylo, or what we think scum have left. 

Does he use cults often? That could change a lot in my mind. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Probably no good. Its more just conversation to frame what we think the ratio as as the game progresses. If we are getting near lylo, or what we think scum have left. 

Does he use cults often? That could change a lot in my mind. 

Don't think so?  Also, it wouldn't make a lot of sense in this format character-wise.

I would be more than moderately surprised if there was a cult.  

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Not good enough. I just searched it too. Every time on the first page, it was used in the exact way I expected it to be. It's always used to accuse someone of trying to make a civ look bad. I don't recall a single time someone admitted THEY were just "throwing shade."

Can you find me a time someone wasn't using that term with a negative connotation? 

Moved the goal post. Because I was using it in a negative connotation as well. 

What you said is that only mafia had used it against a civ. That is a very different statement. 

This: used exclusively to describe what's happening when a scum is trying to make a civ look bad.

Is not the same as this: It's always used to accuse someone of trying to make a civ look bad.

Maybe you misspoke. But several of those even on the first page where not scum to civ exchanges. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Don't think so?  Also, it wouldn't make a lot of sense in this format character-wise.

I would be more than moderately surprised if there was a cult.  

There are cults in the movies - Hydra is a big part of the avengers. 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't really see the reasoning to get on Matts for be a catalyst for discussion on D1.  His reasons do not have to mesh with your reasons.  

He is exposed non-town if you are doing a read up

I read the D1 stuff sporadically during work and after.  Just going back to see what stood out seeing as we have 60 pages of D1 info thus far.  

Archived