2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're also ridiculously parroting the post combine media circuit/twitter scouts who started this. I like Love and can easily see this because he's got a ton of tools and the success of Mahomes will have a team squinting to think they found him in Love. 

There is a segment of draft twitter and that love to bust on Herbert. It's become the cliché thing to do. 

I am an Oregon guy and that offense was a mess of concepts and execution. He went through 3 different offensive schemes/coaches at Oregon. 

He improved statistically in every category from the previous year. He can make throws that no other QB can make at the college level. He was a baseball player (like Mahomes) who can absolutely sling the ball. Like WOW throws on the boundary and on the run. Athletic, can sling it on the run, keeps working downfield with his eyes when pressured. And can make plays with his legs. 

His issue is consistency. He can miss some throws. But again, that offense and his WRs did him no favors last season.

Now if you want to question his mindset as a leader, because of his quiet nature that's fine. But skill wise, he's more polished than Love today and has as much upside as any QB in the class. 

He.may.be.just.joking

It was Prolly a common figure of speech used by millions of people on the internet. He was not talking about the real Justin Herbert.

Seriously though...... Love’s way more accurate.  The ball is always well placed.  Even if it’s not well placed for the WR, it’s definitely well placed for someone (on the other team).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I actually like this.

With this report out there, teams will be very cautious about trading for him. This means the asking price won't even be a 2nd rounder like MIA paid for Rosen. Maybe we can get Haskins with a low round pick. (not saying I believe in Haskins, but he does have potential)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I actually like this.

With this report out there, teams will be very cautious about trading for him. This means the asking price won't even be a 2nd rounder like MIA paid for Rosen. Maybe we can get Haskins with a low round pick. (not saying I believe in Haskins, but he does have potential)

I’d definitely give a 4th or 5th, even #91 for Haskins.  His cap hit would be 1.2m, 1.8m, 2.5m (rounded numbers).  That’s less than half the price of a mid range get back Up (2.5-4m)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Wills from Bama

Thomas from UGA

I can see them in the top 11 especially if teams feel they can address WR later with all of the depth available.

yep, its possible .and if not those 2 just like love can become potential "trade up" targets for other teams needing an OT.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wtf does this even mean?

how is the score determined Lolol 

It’s some type of “sparq” or mockable.com rating where they likely (I could totally be wrong) compare just testing numbers to past players.  They might take into consideration height and weight.  I.E 6’6 240+\- Herbert is compared to other QBs of similar size and not all QBs, like a 5’11 190lb “College QB” who runs a 4.45

its really just a quick “info-graphic” not actually real data.  It’s entertaining, not meant for real analysis.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

If the draft goes like this:

1.CIN - Joe Burrow QB
2.WAS - Chase Young DE
3.DET - Jeff Okudah CB
4.NYG - Tristan Wirfs OT
5.MIA - Tua Tagovailoa QB
6.LAC - Justin Herbert QB
7.CAR - Derrick Brown DT
8.ARI - CeeDee Lamb WR
9.JAX - Isaiah Simmons LB
10.CLE - Mekhi Becton OT
11.NYJ - Jerry Jeudy WR

Who do you pick? No trade down.

Ruggs

21 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

He.may.be.just.joking

It was Prolly a common figure of speech used by millions of people on the internet. He was not talking about the real Justin Herbert.

Seriously though...... Love’s way more accurate.  The ball is always well placed.  Even if it’s not well placed for the WR, it’s definitely well placed for someone (on the other team).

im ready for a sig bet on this one, herberts going before love. and if not it wouldnt bother me if we A) find a partner to trade up for him at 12 or B) we stay right at 12 and take him. it would be worth it to lose the bet. I personally think Herbert is gonna be just fine, as I said before ,im happy to be in the minority on this one. makes me think of big ben....without the attitude/potential drama.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

im ready for a sig bet on this one, herberts going before love. and if not it wouldnt bother me if we A) find a partner to trade up for him at 12 or B) we stay right at 12 and take him. it would be worth it to lose the bet. I personally think Herbert is gonna be just fine, as I said before ,im happy to be in the minority on this one. makes me think of big ben....without the attitude/potential drama.

Big Ben didn't have the accuracy issues that Herbert has. Herbert is Josh Allen 2.0. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Your definitely not in the minority on this one.  Anything can happen, but I doubt it.  If SD/LAC doesn’t get TB who are they gonna get in FA?  They’re going to have to draft a QB.  Maybe their scout team has budget cut backs and they’re “remotely scouting” and those Love highlight videos with their terrific rap music really excites the LAC organization.  That’s the only way imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Big Ben didn't have the accuracy issues that Herbert has. Herbert is Josh Allen 2.0. 

in your opinion bro, everything I`ve seen, read etc says his arm strength and accuracy is just fine. since the season has ended he`s done nothing but drop dimes at the sr bowl and combine.

• Like 1

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

in your opinion bro, everything I`ve seen, read etc says his arm strength and accuracy is just fine. since the season has ended he`s done nothing but drop dimes at the sr bowl and combine.

Did you watch the short and intermediate throws he made (more like missed) at the combine? Dude was in shorts with no defense to worry about and wasn't good. Herbert is going to struggle if he starts right away (same for all QBs except Burrow). 

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ll tell you who Herbert ain’t, he ain’t no Jordan F’ing Love that’s for sure, lol jk

I have Love ranked higher than Herbert mainly for the higher ceiling. But, yes, there are some flaws in his game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

you like that music as much as me huh? im old gimme some run dmc or even nwa.lol

It’s horrible! What is this stuff? 
I was into NWA, Tupac, Big L as a young adult but years in prison has made me literally despise rap.... on so many levels.  
I don’t care if other people listen, I’m just all about I and I alone want no part of hearing it or about it anymore.

but for the sake of youtube scouting I’d really prefer if some older stuff was on the videos so at least my ears don’t cringe as I quickly scramble to mute the sound.

• Like 1