2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You also have said Cooper is an elite #1.  I think you have an infatuation with Bama as you have been jocking Tua too.  Outside of Julio tell me the last time Bama turend out stud #1 and you think 2 are coming out in this draft?

When was the last time Bama turned out a stud Qb, how many left handed stud QB's are in the NFL and does it scare you that he played with 1st round talent all over the field?  

For the 87th time, I never said Cooper was elite. That’s you adding a word for dramatic effect. Yes, I said he was a #1 Receiver. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Classic case of over thinking, just like Ferrell last year. 

Though there are people who have had Lamb and Ruggs all along, so I’m not speaking about everyone. 

Jeudy ran a 4.46 which is really good speed, and didn't run from any test. Ferrell was scared of some drills, so I get why the media thought he was going fall. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

For the 87th time, I never said Cooper was elite. That’s you adding a word for dramatic effect. Yes, I said he was a #1 Receiver. 

You said he was an elite #1 and a top 12 WR in the NFL. Define what your definition of a number #1 is. Is Williams a number #1 bc he was our number 1, in other words what makes a WR a number 1? 

I can easily name 12 WRs better than Cooper and not all are elite #1s.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You said he was an elite #1 and a top 12 WR in the NFL. Define what your definition of a number #1 is. Is Williams a number #1 bc he was our number 1, in other words what makes a WR a number 1? 

Still never called him elite. #1 and Top 12 yes. When you start listing WRs #13, 14, etc, the list gets pretty brutal. 

Jeudy and Ruggs being on Alabama have nothing to do with my decision of them over Lamb. I just love both of their skillsets. Not to mention, we need speed in a big way. Lamb doesn’t provide that. He’s not slow but he’s pretty average in that regard. Once again, I don’t have an issue if Lamb is the pick at 12, Mayock/Gruden know better than me and I’ll roll with whatever they decide, in confidence. However, I really don’t think they pick Lamb over Jeudy. We’ll just have to find out come draft day. 

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

“This WR class is loaded. I’m gonna call them the “Elite Five” but:

1. Jerry Jeudy, true #1, complete WR, will be the next great one. “

- BayRaider

you never said this?  The search button is not your friend, lol.

you have the habit of saying “next great one” then getting mad and going Alex Jones conspiracy theorist about how we all misquote you.  

You calling Jeudy “the next great one” is the same thing as thing as @Frankie2Gunz saying you called him elite.  If your the next good one your elite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

“This WR class is loaded. I’m gonna call them the “Elite Five” but:

1. Jerry Jeudy, true #1, complete WR, will be the next great one. “

- BayRaider

you never said this?  The search button is not your friend, lol.

you have the habit of saying “next great one” then getting mad and going Alex Jones conspiracy theorist about how we all misquote you.  

You calling Jeudy “the next great one” is the same thing as thing as @Frankie2Gunz saying you called him elite.  If your the next good one your elite.

Maybe you should read better next time. He was saying I called Amari Elite. 

So yes, you did just misquote, as always.....

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Still never called him elite. #1 and Top 12 yes. When you start listing WRs #13, 14, etc, the list gets pretty brutal. 

Jeudy and Ruggs being on Alabama have nothing to do with my decision of them over Lamb. I just love both of their skillsets. Not to mention, we need speed in a big way. Lamb doesn’t provide that. He’s not slow but he’s pretty average in that regard. Once again, I don’t have an issue if Lamb is the pick at 12, Mayock/Gruden know better than me and I’ll roll with whatever they decide, in confidence. However, I really don’t think they pick Lamb over Jeudy. We’ll just have to find out come draft day. 

Lamb ran a 4.5 and Jeudy a 4.45.  You're telling me that .5 seconds in a straight line makes Jeudy more valuable than Lamb?  Lamb was the focal point of every D coordinator he faced and still dominated.  That to me is a way more important stat than .5 seconds in a straight line especially when he played alongside another 1st round prospect and a top 10 prospect QB.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Maybe you should read better next time. He was saying I called Amari Elite. 

So yes, you did just misquote, as always.....

I didn’t misquote you I cut and paste what you said before but apparently I did misunderstand frankie.  Still doesn’t make it a misquote.

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lamb ran a 4.5 and Jeudy a 4.45.  You're telling me that .5 seconds in a straight line makes Jeudy more valuable than Lamb?  Lamb was the focal point of every D coordinator he faced and still dominated.  That to me is a way more important stat than .5 seconds in a straight line especially when he played alongside another 1st round prospect and a top 10 prospect QB.  

Yes that .05 makes a historic difference. But on game tape, Lamb is much slower than both Ruggs and Jeudy. Lamb is not fast on game tape. Not disrespecting Lamb, his overall tape outside of speed is pretty impressive. 

Also I hate playing the “He had this” “He didn’t have this” game. That’s so lazy. And it’s exactly what you guys do with Carr. Yes, Jeudy had a Top 10 Pick QB, Ruggs, and a ridiculous offense overall, but Lamb had arguably the greatest offensive mind college football has ever seen. He has broken records, his schemes have been insanely creative and genius, and he’s more innovative than anyone we’ve ever seen. Three straight years of offensive dominance with three different QBs. 

Am I trying to discredit Lamb? No. But you can play this type of “He had this” and “He didn’t have this” game with any player in the NFL and any player in College Football. It’s just lazy. Neither Jeudy or Lamb should be faulted for any of that. 

Edited by BayRaider

@Frankie2Gunz 

it’s not worth the argument... just let him think what he wants like everyone else on the board does.  Even I learned to just let him post his often wild ideas.  The guys yet to take someone’s good point and let that change his stance.  You could have textbook evidence of your point and you won’t get a “good point... maybe your right in some ways”.  You’ll get “watch the tape” I’m right!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Interestingly enough Lamb was 12/22 (527y) on passes over 20 yds in air while Jeudy was 9/22 (320y).

lamb also had a 13.2yd depth of target to Jeudy’s 11.1yd.

And this is proof of speed somehow? There’s a lot more to speed than running deep. Not to mention, much of Rileys offense is by design, and I never said Lamb can’t out run college defenders. I don’t think you’ll be seeing Lamb catch many deep ball in the NFL though. He’ll be more of a contested catch, physical, tough 3rd down converter. 

I do like Lamb. This is just a classic case of I like Jeudy and Ruggs more, was asked to explain why, and then elaborate my opinion, and someone isn’t happy. 

I like all three but I like Jeudy and Ruggs way more. End of story. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes that .05 makes a historic difference. But on game tape, Lamb is much slower than both Ruggs and Jeudy. Lamb is not fast on game tape. Not disrespecting Lamb, his overall tape outside of speed is pretty impressive. 

Also I hate playing the “He had this” “He didn’t have this” game. That’s so lazy. And it’s exactly what you guys do with Carr. Yes, Jeudy had a Top 10 Pick QB, Ruggs, and a ridiculous offense overall, but Lamb had arguably the greatest offensive mind college football has ever seen. He has broken records, his schemes have been insanely creative and genius, and he’s more innovative than anyone we’ve ever seen. Three straight years of offensive dominance with three different QBs. 

Am I trying to discredit Lamb? No. But you can play this type of “He had this” and “He didn’t have this” game with any player in the NFL and any player in College Football. It’s just lazy. Neither Jeudy or Lamb should be faulted for any of that. 

Lazy you are clearly all over the place with who you think is good and not.  Once you're proven wrong you backtrack. 

Instead of spewing out trash garbage and claiming to be an expert on every player, which I am sure most is regurgitated off what you have read online, yet you claim to "have watched film" why don't you focus on a few players and do true research, that is if you even have a legit eye to evaluate talent which so far you have proven to be below average at best. 

Time will show you have no clue what you're talking about as it always has.  Now you're backtracking on your Cooper statements SMH

Lamb looks slow on tape, what tape have you been watching?  Did Michael Thomas and NUK look slow in college too with their 4.57 40's?  Now I am not comparing Lamb to either but a good football player is more than speed, just ask DHB about that one. 

Cooper is elite blah blah.  All nonsense proving that your evaluation of WR talent is below average.  He is a top 12 elite #1... Dude you have no clue what you're talking about.  Here are 15 WR's better than Cooper and not every one is an elite #1. ODB, Green, NUK, Hilton, Julio, Sutton, Hill, Allen, Adams, Thelin, Diggs, Thomas, Evans, Kupp, Godwin and AB.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

look at the simucam of miles Sanders vs Barkley.  4.40 vs 4.50.

a .10 sec difference.  It’s being argued against you that 1/2 that difference is all the difference in the world lol

• Like 1