Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

8 minutes ago, SwAg said:

That a Watcher seems rather useless since ostensibly we have a lot of scum roles occurring during the day?  Yeah, I know.  But, it also serves as verification for Town rather than scum hunting.  And, makes me anxious about something we might not know about.

Nah, the problem I have with it is the exact opposite: It's too powerful.

I'm going to be making a few assumptions so yeah. Take this with a grain of salt.

Just the logistics of a 23-player game with only really 6 Kira-aligned characters (possible a few third parties if Malf is including other members of the Yotsuba group or the gang Melo takes control over) would already tell you balance is going to have to lean town. Then you add that every town character is , I'm assuming, a named character with some sort of power. This should tell you what most roles are going to be in strength.

Then of course I combine that with my own observation: We've seen three town players die: L, Raye Penber, and Rester. Raye doesn't have an ability at all, apparently. Rester has a limited ability (even nights only). L is probably the exception to this but that was already expected. Combine that with the knowledge of my own role, and there's something regarding Glem's role inconsistent:

He verified, several times, it was once per night.

My role, by comparison, has a single ability (an ability that is close in strength to a watcher, imo) that I can use only once. Now this wouldn't bother me if he was claiming one of the main members of the task force. But Wedy is by no means a main character. While I personally think she would be included in the game, she's so minor that she could easily be a scum fake claim. My role also fits in that area, for the record, but my power is, I feel, by design, minimal.

Watcher isn't really weak role. Especially in a role hell game that this apparently is. Even if Death Notes are active during the day, it seems, I'm certain most scum also have night actions. It can get a lot of information on a whim. This whole thing make me feel that Glen was trying to create a realistic ability for one of the fake claims he was given, "Wendy". But the power scaling just doesn't match. I don't think there are many town at all, least of all Wedy, who will have an unlimited ability like that. From what I've seen most town will probably not have an ability at all or it will be extremely limited (either only usable every other night or an X shot)

Now maybe I'm off on this. I wanted to see if anyone, with full knowledge of their own roles, would pick up on this. I thought for sure you might. But maybe you are simply one of the more staple members of the task force, or maybe you didn't realize this yet either because, well, you aren't town.

I will be interested to see if anyone backs me up on this.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Nah, the problem I have with it is the exact opposite: It's too powerful.

I'm going to be making a few assumptions so yeah. Take this with a grain of salt.

Just the logistics of a 23-player game with only really 6 Kira-aligned characters (possible a few third parties if Malf is including other members of the Yotsuba group or the gang Melo takes control over) would already tell you balance is going to have to lean town. Then you add that every town character is , I'm assuming, a named character with some sort of power. This should tell you what most roles are going to be in strength.

Then of course I combine that with my own observation: We've seen three town players die: L, Raye Penber, and Rester. Raye doesn't have an ability at all, apparently. Rester has a limited ability (even nights only). L is probably the exception to this but that was already expected. Combine that with the knowledge of my own role, and there's something regarding Glem's role inconsistent:

He verified, several times, it was once per night.

My role, by comparison, has a single ability (an ability that is close in strength to a watcher, imo) that I can use only once. Now this wouldn't bother me if he was claiming one of the main members of the task force. But Wedy is by no means a main character. While I personally think she would be included in the game, she's so minor that she could easily be a scum fake claim. My role also fits in that area, for the record, but my power is, I feel, by design, minimal.

Watcher isn't really weak role. Especially in a role hell game that this apparently is. Even if Death Notes are active during the day, it seems, I'm certain most scum also have night actions. It can get a lot of information on a whim. This whole thing make me feel that Glen was trying to create a realistic ability for one of the fake claims he was given, "Wendy". But the power scaling just doesn't match. I don't think there are many town at all, least of all Wedy, who will have an unlimited ability like that. From what I've seen most town will probably not have an ability at all or it will be extremely limited (either only usable every other night or an X shot)

Now maybe I'm off on this. I wanted to see if anyone, with full knowledge of their own roles, would pick up on this. I thought for sure you might. But maybe you are simply one of the more staple members of the task force, or maybe you didn't realize this yet either because, well, you aren't town.

I will be interested to see if anyone backs me up on this.

That's a valid assessment. 

You're wrong of course.

But I can see your reasoning 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Another big question about the claim.... why?

I just thought it was odd that I watched matts. No one visited him. And he died the next day.

Thought maybe someone(nacho) could clarify that wendy is like rogue from xmen

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

Another big question about the claim.... why?

Also truthfully ask yourself if i was mafia why would I go through all this trouble?

Just now, Glen said:

Also truthfully ask yourself if i was mafia why would I go through all this trouble?

So you could ask this question for all of us to contemplate. 

You know how many times scum has asked this same question?

a lot of times. That’s how many 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

So you could ask this question for all of us to contemplate. 

You know how many times scum has asked this same question?

a lot of times. That’s how many 

Imagine a world where batman doesnt win

Imagine

Players:

1. @Forge

2. @bcb1213

3. @DingoLadd havent seen post

4. @MWil23

5. @squire12 havent seen post

6. @TheKillerNacho

7. @ET80

8. touch - Anthony Rester - Even Night Death Note Cop RIP