Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

Just now, TedLavie said:

I remember being mafia in a game where one of us could send notes like this during the day. and I think Nacho said those fake news report were consistent with the anime and would likely be a scum activity.

Host is supposed to remain impartial. The fact that we're discussing the content of the note means it shouldn't be written by the host. Maybe Malf did a bad job, but I think it's more likely a player wrote that

I'm asking more specifically on what dingo says happened to him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dome said:

How would that mechanic work?

By sacrificing himself, it lets the Death Note kill someone just by writing their name down/seeing them. Touch died during the day for no real reason. Makes me wonder...

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Why would that mechanic work?

It's impossible to go with the "half life" trade like the show/movie/wikipedia tells me I'd imagine, but sacrificing someone in the group would potentially make it a "worthwhile investment" by not having to use a night investigator, confirm, skip a day hit, etc.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

How did it help his team?

See above. It saves them an invest and allows them to hit twice...during the day with a Death Note and during the night with a gun.

Just now, TedLavie said:

Host is supposed to remain impartial. The fact that we're discussing the content of the note means it shouldn't be written by the host. Maybe Malf did a bad job, but I think it's more likely a player wrote that

I don't follow.

An argument could be made for almost any host making the writeups and adding their own flavor if this is the read you're going to push. Write ups get dissected and looked over by everyone when there's potential clues/info in the writeup.

That portion of the writeup didn't lead us to matts identity one way or the other, so why wouldn't the host be allowed to include that?

I don't think that would point to malfatron being impartial in any way regardless, just a joke that didn't land the way he thought it would.

I also REALLY want to believe Rack, but he ghosted during Pickle's lynch and then he posted a few pages back about having a 10 hour drive, I'd imagine giving him an excuse to disappear for most of the day/all day yet again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Pwny

Again I think the write up thing deserves a lynch as he is probably scum for it and he shouldn’t have used personal information like that. One of my top scum reads still with Mission and Dingo. 

how is pwny a scum read for crafting the writeup... as well as matts/mission?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I also REALLY want to believe Rack, but he ghosted during Pickle's lynch and then he posted a few pages back about having a 10 hour drive, I'd imagine giving him an excuse to disappear for most of the day/all day yet again.

Could be an excuse, could be IRL stuff.

I will say that when he's here he's providing good insight and makes sense to me.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 10:02 PM, Pickle Rick said:

Swag

Pwny 

Nacho 

Forge

Dome 

Racks 

Racks and swag ghosted this ****. 

Rack LIKED this post for some reason.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:03 PM, The Orca said:

Why no Ted?

Orca then posted this and then was killed.

I believe that Ted was the first/one of the first to suggest pwny and Rackcs did his hit and run as well right after...but he had gone Naz first.

18 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

It's plausible I guess, but I doubt Malf would come up with such oriented stuff on his own tbh.

I don't know.  Sometimes there are clues in the write-ups.  I always throw in clues.  You know like "after a long night out, so-and-so made his way home," which lets everyone know whoever had an ability and used it that night.   I doubt it's all just pure fabrication.  But, some is definitely creative license.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

By sacrificing himself,

Does this fit the lore?

I'm not sure of a mafia mechanic where you could help your team by doing nothing then getting modkilled.

What exactly would the sacrifice provide?

it lets the Death Note kill someone just by writing their name down/seeing them.

If I'm scum and the only way I can use death note is for a teammate to sacrifice myself I'd be pretty damn annoyed.

Touch died during the day for no real reason. Makes me wonder...

How do you know there was no real reason?

Do you mean with no real explanation? 

Just now, Dome said:

Does this fit the lore?

I haven't seen a single second of it, so no idea. It's more of a "soul stone" theory, so probably not.

Just now, Dome said:

I'm not sure of a mafia mechanic where you could help your team by doing nothing then getting modkilled.

What exactly would the sacrifice provide?

If I'm scum and the only way I can use death note is for a teammate to sacrifice myself I'd be pretty damn annoyed.

If there were 5-6 scum and the only way of using the 2nd part of the kill (invest, positive id, waiting a day, then using it every single time) would make for a definite worthwhile investment. You give up 1 scum and then get to DOUBLE your day hits with the death note. Numbers alone that's worth it.

Just now, Dome said:

How do you know there was no real reason?

Do you mean with no real explanation? 

No explanation, sudden, day kill.

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

how is pwny a scum read for crafting the writeup... as well as matts/mission?

Well many individuals point out that ability being scum. It’s all I really have but he also isn’t very active. And Matts/Mission I’ve stated several times for the Utley pinging on day one and “push” to try and lynch him based on inactivity. 

When someone accuses me of being mafia, my first thought isn't "oh we need to kill that person now."

Especially if that person is someone who doesn't have any thread capital at all. 

I see this scenario being used a lot to make pushes and I don't think a lot of mafia members make their hits like that.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

If there were 5-6 scum and the only way of using the 2nd part of the kill (invest, positive id, waiting a day, then using it every single time) would make for a definite worthwhile investment. You give up 1 scum and then get to DOUBLE your day hits with the death note. Numbers alone that's worth it.

I disagree that it would be worth it. 

Doesn't seem like a likely mechanic to me, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind.