Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

Does missions 3-shot vote being x-shot stand out one way or the other?

Or the fact that it was on the guy claiming sensor?

That's a mission scum move. Openly defying the first real info of the game, not like any regular player would do, but with an overt triple vote. 

Now I want to think about this.

We know mission isn't gonna be a huge help. Especially if his triple vote is used up.

Just now, Dome said:

Does missions 3-shot vote being x-shot stand out one way or the other?

Or the fact that it was on the guy claiming sensor?

That's a mission scum move. Openly defying the first real info of the game, not like any regular player would do, but with an overt triple vote. 

Now I want to think about this.

We know mission isn't gonna be a huge help. Especially if his triple vote is used up.

I know that we had this discussion in marvel about the double vote, and yes, there was some dissenting opinion, but I thought consensus was generally it's "typically" a town move. That would jive with my impression of matts day one EOD movement. I generally lean mission town in this, but it's not secure

Just now, Forge said:

I know that we had this discussion in marvel about the double vote, and yes, there was some dissenting opinion, but I thought consensus was generally it's "typically" a town move. That would jive with my impression of matts day one EOD movement. I generally lean mission town in this, but it's not secure

Typically it is a town move, similar to pardon a lynch 

Scum would be more likely to get a survive first lynch or change a vote type role, something more mysterious and scummy, it would make no sense to give a triple vote to mafia 

@Dome for me personally, I think it's very unlikely that matts would move votes in a town on town hanging scenario day one. He switched to pickle late if I'm remembering right.  I think that's very unlikely as scum unless he's solo (which admittedly, is possible) but even then, risky.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

@Dome for me personally, I think it's very unlikely that matts would move votes in a town on town hanging scenario day one.

Why?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He switched to pickle late if I'm remembering right.  I think that's very unlikely as scum unless he's solo (which admittedly, is possible) but even then, risky.

I'm not sure that points to much for me.

Him quitting was a strong civ read for me, but pwny saying he was really upset makes me second guess that.

I do think triple voting the guy claiming sensor is something mission would do as scum. 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Why?

I'm not sure that points to much for me.

Him quitting was a strong civ read for me, but pwny saying he was really upset makes me second guess that.

I do think triple voting the guy claiming sensor is something mission would do as scum. 

I don't have a ton of experience with mission, so I'll leave that to you. But my tentative estimate is town between ability and matts actions. 

For scum, Doublevoter is immensely valuable because it allows the faction to endgame the other players (that is, control 50% of the votes) earlier than usual. This is especially true if the scum's doublevote is hidden, as they can fool the Town into believing they have more chances to lynch scum than they actually do. Thus, scum doublevoters are not unheard of but still remarkably powerful.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Doublevoter

A 1-shot triple vote is a lylo move. 

I think a 1-shot move like that is more scum sided. It can decide a lynch when the numbers get low. I think a town voter ability would be more like ETs and not a one shot power move.

Hear me out. I'm gonna be thinking about this tonight.

Mission could've just blown it early cause he wanted to, OR his team could've told him to use the move.

They could've tried to lolclear him with what was recently seen as a "town move" after I said I thought matts/mission was town already. Without that lolclear they know at some point mission will fall victim to "well he hasn't help and won't help so lets try it" and using the 1-shot vote move as a lolclear attempt for a few extra days is more likely to pay off than trying to get him to lylo to use it.

It makes sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't have a ton of experience with mission, so I'll leave that to you. But my tentative estimate is town between ability and matts actions. 

I don't know that I put much stock into the matts not moving his votes around as scum theory.

What specifically about that stood out to you? Or do you just mean in a general sense you expect scum to sit back and just let the lynch happen?

Edited by Dome

1 minute ago, Dome said:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Doublevoter

A 1-shot triple vote is a lylo move. 

I think a 1-shot move like that is more scum sided. It can decide a lynch when the numbers get low. I think a town voter ability would be more like ETs and not a one shot power move.

Hear me out. I'm gonna be thinking about this tonight.

Mission could've just blown it early cause he wanted to, OR his team could've told him to use the move.

They could've tried to lolclear him with what was recently seen as a "town move" after I said I thought matts/mission was town already. Without that lolclear they know at some point mission will fall victim to "well he hasn't help and won't help so lets try it" and using the 1-shot vote move as a lolclear attempt for a few extra days is more likely to pay off than trying to get him to lylo to use it.

It makes sense.

Won't deny the logic there. Could see that being a play.