Starting LG Position

Slappy Mc

59 minutes ago, Woz said:

This is true.

However, I think the "move inside" decision was an attempt to salvage the signing instead of realizing it was a mistake and cutting their losses early.

Or...the guy literally no one had on their draft boards anywhere wasn’t worth our fourth round pick......

11 hours ago, Woz said:

That's possible too. :(

It’s all good Woz. We did the exact same thing with LeRibus. Sometimes I think scouts want that “find” situation tagged to their names and they reach on players like this. Martin may end up being a good player but I seriously doubt it. Thought it was a bad pick and Flowers staying ahead on the depth chart despite how poorly he’s performed in practices isn’t a good sign. 

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Or...the guy literally no one had on their draft boards anywhere wasn’t worth our fourth round pick......

Man ( sigh ) I'm not saying you're wrong, cause I don't know . BUT--How do you know no one had Martin on their draft board. I'm really interested. All I read he was drafted where he was expected to be drafted. 

8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Man ( sigh ) I'm not saying you're wrong, cause I don't know . BUT--How do you know no one had Martin on their draft board. I'm really interested. All I read he was drafted where he was expected to be drafted. 

Nobody had him rated anywhere near the fourth round. Almost nobody else can had him listed in their draft rankings. When he was picked they didn’t even have a profile ready for him lol. That doesn’t automatically mean he’s going to be terrible but when they can find players at places like Stony Brook and you’re an unknown at Indiana there’s some smoke there. 

51 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Nobody had him rated anywhere near the fourth round. Almost nobody else can had him listed in their draft rankings. When he was picked they didn’t even have a profile ready for him lol. That doesn’t automatically mean he’s going to be terrible but when they can find players at places like Stony Brook and you’re an unknown at Indiana there’s some smoke there. 

Quoting Doc Draper-- "Don't be hitting me with them negative waves- so early in the morning " .:P

On 6/20/2019 at 8:05 AM, lavar703 said:

It’s all good Woz. We did the exact same thing with LeRibus. Sometimes I think scouts want that “find” situation tagged to their names and they reach on players like this. Martin may end up being a good player but I seriously doubt it. Thought it was a bad pick and Flowers staying ahead on the depth chart despite how poorly he’s performed in practices isn’t a good sign. 

On this part, I disagree. I think this is more in line with either the front office (and potentially Callahan, of whom I wonder if he had some nudging for Flowers) trying to turn the turd that is Flowers into something or Callahan giving the vet the "starting" job ahead of the rookie to push the rookie.

It is still June. Let us see how training camp and pre-season comes about before we write Martin off.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 10:12 PM, turtle28 said:

This should shock no one. I think Callahan has almost full latitude as to what we do on the OL. Callahan is the reason why Lauvao remained our only real option st LG in 2017 & 18 

Shock? No.

Disappoint? Yes.