2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Okoro is such a good passer

If he ends up being a good shooter I would bet on him being the best player from the draft

How good is this shot at the moment?

I want no part of a player with major shooting issues since most don't progress well

Edited by resilient part 2

37 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He's a terrible shooter lol

He is just awesome at everything else

Okay well there are two types of bad Shooters in my opinion the ones that have ability to improve and the ones who are permanently mechanically scarred for life, which of these two categories Mike display of fall into?

20 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Okay well there are two types of bad Shooters in my opinion the ones that have ability to improve and the ones who are permanently mechanically scarred for life, which of these two categories Mike display of fall into?

His form is fine. He just doesn't have the consistent touch that it takes to be a good shooter. I hope it clicks but I have my doubts.

I haven't watched a lot CBB this year so I don't have a lot of takes so far. Usually there is a handful of people that carry this thread, me being one. I'll start watching more when the NBA goes on Allstar break and help get this thread going. 

But I'll give two perspectives on two players I think I have watched every game this year in Mannion and Josh Green. 

Mannion:

One of the best passers in the draft. Can pass well with both hands. Can operate the PnR, hit the the cross court 3, drive and kick/dish. Pretty well rounded passer.

Good shooter but at this point prob overrates his shooting ability. Good pullup shooter but prob too reliant on it at the moment. He is pretty good at off screen shooting too (like coming off a flare screen or pin down ala Klay or Redick), which is important cause of his weaknesses. It adds potential in his scoring versatility. 

Good touch on floater. Prob the best in the class. 

Can't get to the rim, like at all lol. Lacks the strength to play thru contact. Which greatly limits his scoring potential.

Tho he is pretty athletic in general, good jumper and is quick. Tho LIS lacks strength.

Defensively has played well. Pretty good instincts. Plays hard. Can stay in front of his man. Good lateral ability. Lacks length and strength to be a versatile defender tho. 

Green:

Stong and athletic. Prob the 2nd best on ball defender in the class. Has made some crazy good closeouts shutting down drives. IDK what his wingspan is but doesn't seem long, could potentially limit his versatility to guard bigs/long wings. Don't think his offball defensive instincts are crazy good like a Mikal/Covington/Thybulle but still solid. 

Decent rebounder. 

Good passer, especially in transition. Or in Pnr, especially if the defense doesn't just drop the big man like they should against him. 

Bad shooter. Some teams have just ignored him at the 3 and he didn't have the confidence to keep pulling. Tho for some reason likes to pullup in the midrange even tho he is terrible at that too. Makes some dumb decisions on offense like pulling up from the midrange too often or doing a spin move for no reason and throwing up a floater. Tho has decent touch on his floater. 

I said he was big and athletic but prob more if you give him space and momentum than playing thru contact/creating. Idt he is good driving thru contact. But is good play finisher in transition/cuts/lobs. 

Don't think he has much scoring potential. Probably will need to become a decent shooter to be a consistent rotation player. 

Both seem super coachable and good people. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Mannion:

One of the best passers in the draft. Can pass well with both hands. Can operate the PnR, hit the the cross court 3, drive and kick/dish. Pretty well rounded passer.

Good shooter but at this point prob overrates his shooting ability. Good pullup shooter but prob too reliant on it at the moment. He is pretty good at off screen shooting too (like coming off a flare screen or pin down ala Klay or Redick), which is important cause of his weaknesses. It adds potential in his scoring versatility. 

Good touch on floater. Prob the best in the class. 

Can't get to the rim, like at all lol. Lacks the strength to play thru contact. Which greatly limits his scoring potential.

Tho he is pretty athletic in general, good jumper and is quick. Tho LIS lacks strength.

Defensively has played well. Pretty good instincts. Plays hard. Can stay in front of his man. Good lateral ability. Lacks length and strength to be a versatile defender tho.

Strength being his main issue, he's got great upside. You put him in an NBA weight room with a true professional and he's golden. He has all the necessary tools, just needs to grow into his body.